Wine Drive- Any Interest?

One of my teachers works in the Tasting Room of the Ridge vineyards winery at Monte Bello. Simply beautiful.

http://www.ridgewine.com/Visit/Monte%20Bello

A few months ago, my admin team did a trip up there for a picnic and tasting. The road is windy and scenic. There are a few other wineries Karen could refer us to, and if the weather is not nice, we could have the large (gorgeous) private room that overlooks the valley to have a picnic in and (responsibly) taste a few flights.

Any interest? This would not be an off roading trip, but simply a day trip in our Rovers. Good to get the significant other out who doesn't really like to get muddy or such. Post up if you are interested, with weekend dates you would be available. Wineries are only open 11-4.

Hey Jen,

My parents are in town from Boston through April 3rd; this might be something my dad would really enjoy. My mom and I do not really drink wine, but it looks beautiful just to enjoy part of the day. Plus, it's close to home! I'll watch this thread for dates and might be interested!

Regards, David

My wife Roz would be up for this. I will be the DD (designated driver) so she can enjoy. Does the winery have a outdoor playground for our two boys?

No outdoor playground. PM me about alternate arrangements for our boys.

Hey Jen,

My parents are in town from Boston through April 3rd; this might be something my dad would really enjoy. My mom and I do not really drink wine, but it looks beautiful just to enjoy part of the day. Plus, it's close to home! I'll watch this thread for dates and might be interested!

Regards, David

I don't think I could coordinate it that quickly, with MOM coming up March 31 and Death Valley Mid April... Maybe late April/ early May-ish when the rain ends and things start to get really green?

I don't think I could coordinate it that quickly, with MOM coming up March 31 and Death Valley Mid April... Maybe late April/ early May-ish when the rain ends and things start to get really green?

Hey Jen,

Sounds good! I just responded to your PM and asked the dates before checking here.. woops. I might bring them out there while they are visiting just to check it out since it's so close. My dad will love seeing how the wine is made and do some tasting. It's a beautiful drive, so I'll keep checking on the dates and may join you guys later on. It would be fun to do some on-roading - LOL.

-David

That area brings back many fond memories. You used to be able to 4 wheel from the end of Montebello rd over to Page Mill rd, and all the trails winding through the other side of Page Mill on Alpine rd, and over skyline out to the coast betwen Butano, Castle Rock, Big Basin and Portola state parks on the old logging roads. Picked up many a redwood burl with the old series II pickup I had back then. Grew up down by Foothill College, and also ran the same trails before drivers license with a Murray cruiser converted into a Mountain bike before that word was even known ( yes, I'm an old fart, by age only)!

Yes, I spent my honeymoon in Napa and it was what convinced the hubby to make the big leap and move from WI to CA. I have the hookup to get us the big room at Ridge Vineyards, but am also open to a Wine Drive 2 in Napa, then maybe Sonoma, and doesn't the Cambrian area have great wineries? (visit Hearst castle, there's got to be some off roading out there!)

The little lady would love this type of thang!

Seriously, you need to stop referring to Griff that way...

Ridge is a great spot, that is the area I grew up in, spent a lot of time at Stevens Creek Reservoir. I know we have talked in the past about doing something like this up here in Napa, but with Alan and Christian on board, we should be able to get something organized.

• 2 weeks later...

May 6th it is. Karen will reserve us the VIP room in case of rain, and recommend two other wineries she is "friendly" with to set up tasting times.

Please reply if you are in. I will post a gathering point to a park nearby, where I have flown model airplanes before, just off 280, we can all meet up and then drive up to the winery from there. Say 11?

May 6th it is. Karen will reserve us the VIP room in case of rain, and recommend two other wineries she is "friendly" with to set up tasting times.

Please reply if you are in. I will post a gathering point to a park nearby, where I have flown model airplanes before, just off 280, we can all meet up and then drive up to the winery from there. Say 11?

Hey Jen,

I would love to go for the drive and see a winery. I have never been to one. Do you think it's OK if I don't drink or would that be too weird? :)

-David

No, it's fine. I'll be bringing picnic-y type food to share, and many people, myself included don't actually drink much while tasting. At my size, more than 1 glass put me over the limit, so I have to err on the side of caution.

No, it's fine. I'll be bringing picnic-y type food to share, and many people, myself included don't actually drink much while tasting. At my size, more than 1 glass put me over the limit, so I have to err on the side of caution.

Great! I just did not want to be the *only* one not drinking. Count me in! I'll watch this thread for more information on the meeting place on 280.

-David

Archived