Gauging Interest: NCLR Shaver Lake Snow Run 2012 Edition

Your choice, actually. Most folks tent camp right on the snow, but there are usually a couple of tent trailers...Enrique brought his the first year, Colin brought his last year. I was planning to bring mine but being by myself it's easier just to tent camp or, now that I have the platform in the Rover, just sleep in the back of it. There are hookups at every campsite, if you bring the tent trailer you can run the heater. Some people bring heaters for inside their tents, and some just bundle up and brave it.

On a side note Chuck, you coming to Dickens this year? Call me, or PM me...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in for this trip. First time it actually works with my calendar...have always wanted to go on this trip.

Question: I've got some decent all-terrains and snow experience but should I be thinking about a set of knobbies for this?

AT's would do ok, but a set of chains could be good too.

Hey guys....I might make it up for a day trip. Saturday I'm guessing. Do I just show or do I need to get official on this??

Hey Jeremy, you're more than welcome to join the trip on Saturday. We will be leaving Camp Edison around 8am. You can meet us there, or at the trailhead for the driver's meeting.

Here is my list of people that are confirmed so far.

Brenton - Disco2Guy

Nigel - NigelCowan

Elliot - ARMEDforBATTLE

Dave - Sasquatch

Lutz - Lutz

Colin - ciwhamc

Dan - TigerDan

Alan - Rippin'av

John - RoverDude

Jen - Jen

Chris - ElSolis

These are the people on the interested list, but I haven't heard a definite YES. If you are planning on attending the trip please post up, we need to get the camp site reservations locked down.

Tyler - lilcrawler

Antonio - Antonio

Mark - GriffSC

Terry - TDeWitt

Brad

Chris - evoasis

Dennis - sinned

psykokid

I got a call from Camp Edison on Thursday confirming my campsite 227. Sasquatch has one of the spots, so that makes 2 more available for 227. Elliott has a hold on 229, and is full of SoCal people.

We need at least 2 more campsites reserved just to cover the people who are attending. If more of the interested people become confirmed we'll need at least 3 campsites reserved.

Ok, no worries on the chains. Sasquatch might be able to give you some LR3 tips for the run. I think the best thing he did for traction was to keep airing down. I'm not sure how low he eventually got.

I was planning on buying chains just for this trip. So would that be a no go or is it worth it? Land rover sells chains for the LR3 so I'm guessing it'll fit the stock set up, right?

I was planning on buying chains just for this trip. So would that be a no go or is it worth it? Land rover sells chains for the LR3 so I'm guessing it'll fit the stock set up, right?

Chains trough LR sounds like an expensive option. What tires do you have now? TBH, I've never used chains on this trip. And unless we start getting some rain, there's not going to be much snow to use them.

Hey Jeremy, you're more than welcome to join the trip on Saturday. We will be leaving Camp Edison around 8am. You can meet us there, or at the trailhead for the driver's meeting.

Sounds excellent! I will most likely be there around 9 or 10 so I'll keep my eye on the thread and watch for everyone's plans!

I got a call from Camp Edison on Thursday confirming my campsite 227. Sasquatch has one of the spots, so that makes 2 more available for 227. Elliott has a hold on 229, and is full of SoCal people.

We need at least 2 more campsites reserved just to cover the people who are attending. If more of the interested people become confirmed we'll need at least 3 campsites reserved.

Maybe I missed it...are the campsites going to be reserved for the group and we just pay you when we get there or should I call today and reserve my own camping spot? I should have a full truck w/ 3-4 jokers coming with me. Cheers!

Maybe I missed it...are the campsites going to be reserved for the group and we just pay you when we get there or should I call today and reserve my own camping spot? I should have a full truck w/ 3-4 jokers coming with me. Cheers!

Only one person can reserve one campsite. I asked Colin to send a reservation, but I'm pretty sure we need at least one more, I'll check the numbers. If you can send in a reservation request we should be covered for those who have confirmed. The limit is 4 trucks or 8 people per site. If you need more info just post up, or give me a call. 6 5 6 7 3 8 6 in the 415 area code.

edit:

Just checked the Google Doc. Right now you're in Colin's campsite, but I need to check that he has a reservation. The next person to confirm for the trip would need to reserve a camp site. You could still send in your reservation request as there a few more people that are interested and will probably join. Remember you can only submit your reservation request through fax or snail mail, they won't do it over the phone.

Archived