Day Trip: Merced River Road

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10 trucks, 35 people as of this count will need a minimum of 5 campsites. I would say that 6 camp sites (at $10 a site) will allow one site JUST for eating.

How many trucks are going in the Friday night, and Sat groups? We should try and secure as many sites as possible!

All - sounds like a really great trip!Thanks for the wonderful sounding menu Carlos! I'd be happy to help out in the kitchen and let the ladies enjoy some wine. I'm planning on the Early Caravan leaving Dublin (East Bay) at 8am SHARP Saturday morning! Anyone who wants to join in, shoot me a quick message so I know who to coordinate with.

I will make sure food is enough.

DiscocheF might be joining later at Saturday night

Love it, it's going to be a nice family experience!

Good to hear that Enrique might be able to make it.

I'm leaving Friday morning and according to there web-site theirs three camp site as follows:

There are three BLM campgrounds along the Merced River between Briceburg and Bagby. They are the McCabe Flat Campground, Willow Placer Campground, and the Railroad Flat Campground. The campgrounds are access only by crossing the bridge at Briceburg and heading down river on the trail (old Yosemite railroad grade).

I'm more than happy to secure sites but I need to know everyone's preference? 650 646.5737 Just leave a message. I'm out in the field....

Cheers!

I'm leaving Friday morning and according to there web-site theirs three camp site as follows:

There are three BLM campgrounds along the Merced River between Briceburg and Bagby. They are the McCabe Flat Campground, Willow Placer Campground, and the Railroad Flat Campground. The campgrounds are access only by crossing the bridge at Briceburg and heading down river on the trail (old Yosemite railroad grade).

I'm more than happy to secure sites but I need to know everyone's preference? 650 646.5737 Just leave a message. I'm out in the field....

Cheers!

Mark, this is the first time most of us are going to Merced River Trail; not familiar with the campground layouts; will let you be the good judge.

Basically need space for 5-6 sites enough room for two vehicles ea and 4-8 people per site to pitch their 1-2 tents. Near a water faucet would be nice (especially Carlos is cooking) and bathroom; not to near the bathroom where the aroma might ruin our appetite (lol); I will share a site with Carlos so if you can put a $10 deposit for our site; this will be base camp so make sure large enough to have two tents (mine, and Carlos; Enrique might show up also) and his tent place over the kitchen. Will glady pay you back for the $10 site fee.

If your are ok, might as well reserve the other sites (bring plenty of $10 bills) and folks can just pay you back.

Mark, this is the first time most of us are going to Merced River Trail; not familiar with the campground layouts; will let you be the good judge.

Basically need space for 5-6 sites enough room for two vehicles ea and 4-8 people per site to pitch their 1-2 tents. Near a water faucet would be nice (especially Carlos is cooking) and bathroom; not to near the bathroom where the aroma might ruin our appetite (lol); I will share a site with Carlos so if you can put a $10 deposit for our site; this will be base camp so make sure large enough to have two tents (mine, and Carlos; Enrique might show up also) and his tent place over the kitchen. Will glady pay you back for the $10 site fee.

If your are ok, might as well reserve the other sites (bring plenty of $10 bills) and folks can just pay you back.

K Will do. I'll print out reserve sign's NCLRCLUB.org I'll scout out the area first. My first time too.....

K Will do. I'll print out reserve sign's NCLRCLUB.org I'll scout out the area first. My first time too.....

Up-date: There's a huge fire at the moment and they may close and evac the park/ camp sites. I just called Briceburg Visitor Center (209) 379-9414 and spoke with the ranger. Also, camp sites are first come basis and must be occupied with a vehicle or tents. The visitor center does not open until 1PM

Up-date: There's a huge fire at the moment and they may close and evac the park/ camp sites. I just called Briceburg Visitor Center (209) 379-9414 and spoke with the ranger. Also, camp sites are first come basis and must be occupied with a vehicle or tents. The visitor center does not open until 1PM

Let's keep close contact w/Briceburg Visitor Center. If the Park Rangers say no camping tomorrow Friday but ok Saturday, we should still proceed as planned since our core activity is Sat nite dinner/Sun trail run.

However, if the Park won't allow campers Sat, let's cancel and move this on another wknd (hopefully we don't have to do this).

Remaining on watch, but area fires are bad signs of air quality and safety. Will monitor, and maybe make a call to CalFire (I may know someone there) who can give me some additional info concerning on site HQ for the event.

Looks like Briceburg is at around 10 miles as the crow flies from the "Cedar Lodge" area. Watching wind and weather conditions....

its called the Motor Fire. 1k acres so far but they hit it hard with fire crew so might be ok. Will know more tomorrow.

Here is the link to the fire: http://www.inciweb.org/incident/2520/

We wont see a containment update until tomorrow...

Hey Micheal/Mark, let us know what the status of the fire. Looking at the map, seems it's south of Briceburg, CA. Please ask the Park Ranger if Merced River Trail camgrounds are open but part of 140 route is not unavailable due to the fire, can we take Hwy 132 and then 49, and to up to the upper part of 140 to get to Briceburg. This is an alt route according to my GPS. And again looking at the link above where the fire was marked on the map, it's far away from Briceburg, CA.

I think this venue is out as of now: Evacuations and Road Closures: Cedar lodge, Incline and local Merced River Canyon Campgrounds were voluntarily evacuated. Rancheria, Old El Portal, and Yosemite West have been advised to prepare for evacuations. Highway 140, from the Foresta Bridge west is closed. There is no estimation as to when Hwy. 140 will re-open.

Do we want to switch venues?

Archived