Anyone been on Barney Riley Trail? and july morg question

hey everyone,

just wondering if anyone been on the Barney Riley Trail. I just got my LR4 (stock) and join this club. I have NO offroading experience at all. My friend is visiting me end of June and we are going to Tahoe for the weekend. I was looking online and see some information about this trail being "easy" and it seems fun to include that as part of my itinerary. If you have experience on this trail, is it easy enough for someone like me to take on?

Also regarding the July MORG. I haven't been to any MORG yet since i work on Saturdays :( but with july 4th being a long weekend, I'm just wondering if anyone planning to go is staying for 7/3 SUNDAY or 7/4 monday too. I would love to meet some of you and maybe learn a few things...

david

*update, after reading up a little more, it seems i may not have enough time for this trail. Maybe i'll do it next time. But If you have other easy nice scenic trail you recommend in the tahoe area, please let me know :)

David,

Welcome to NCLR! Sorry your question has had so many views and zero replies. Personally, I have never heard of this trail and I suspect that's the same with all the other views. Hit some MORGS or sign up for one of the Scheduled Trips to learn the most about your rig, off roading, safety and general tips in the shortest amount of time. The worst thing you can do is head out alone or with other inexperienced drivers into terrain which is remote or unknown. The old adage - safety in numbers certainly applies here.

Your LR4 will surprise you with it's capability right out of the box. There are certain techniques which will help you out of situations if you know how to use them. Only seat time and experience will teach you those. If at all possible (And I know it's spendy!) try to check out the Land Rover Driving School in Carmel or ask one of the Land Rover Dealers (FREE!) about "Dealer Events". They take out new owners to neat locations to ease them into the off roading experience with great instruction, great food and great company! Check it out!!

Cheers,

Dave

Archived