May 7th MORG @ Hollister

I know it does not look like huge tires but they are. I gotgot the 35x12.5 /15 installed.

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo79/ciwhamc/2011-05-06181753.jpg

Those tires look nice on your RRC Colin. I like the way it looks. Not as nice as mine but looks nice. JK :-) Look forward to see it in action.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i will ask pedram to bring your hook. He will be there tomorrow too.

We already discussed the price for the roof rack. Don't remember?

As for the tire carrier, that is going to really cost you. You can give me those tires and we can call it even. :-)

Bring some money tomorrow and we talk prices there.

AA

Mike/Chris

When and where is the slow group meeting/leaving?

Hey Nigel we are meeting at 7am at the chevron/starbucks on the corner of vineyard and isabel in livermore (hwy 84) and heading out 84 to 680 etc, cb's will be on chan 7 and my phone as well 209-423-3888 let me know if we should wait for you i will check the forum before i leave about 645

Hey Nigel we are meeting at 7am at the chevron/starbucks on the corner of vineyard and isabel in livermore (hwy 84) and heading out 84 to 680 etc, cb's will be on chan 7 and my phone as well 209-423-3888 let me know if we should wait for you i will check the forum before i leave about 645

Ahh... that's too early for me (I'll have my two boys with me). I guess I'll leave Dublin 8ish and see if the fast group catches up with me:p

Colin-

Those tires look sweet! Same size at Nathans? I still can't believe he climbed that waterfall...

http://www.speichers.com/pictures/dv2011/dv2011_defensemine_rrc_hole.jpg

http://www.speichers.com/pictures/dv2011/dv2011_defensemine_rrc_out.jpg

They are the same tire exactly

Had a great time as usual in Hollister today. The Range rover was almost flawless. Had one of my front brake lines fail. Nothing a vice grip could not fix to get me home. It just pushed up the time table on getting stainless lines. The new 35's were great. It went over almost anything I tried. I did end up doing the Rubicon rocks. Took a few times to get in, the rocks at the beginning are lose and hard to get they right line for the rest. Once in I followed the advice of my 2 spotters one left and one right (Paul and Brenton) and the rover when right through. Not to hard. Overall great day.

Chris (CT) and I kept with Graham to a Kragen/McD's parking lot where the Rover just went quietly...I got some start fluid and we sprayed...fired up. From what I hear, fuel pump is the issue. So 1. Dizzy, 2. Fuel. Chris took Graham's son home to Palo Alto and AAA was bringing Graham home....

Great time today. Got to meet a lot of people, see a lot of people and get out into the sun...time that with Syncro de Mayo (the Synchro Westie event and few random UniMogs....and a great day.

Some things I learned:

35's are not big enough.

Rovers like mud, but not deep mud.

Listen to turn left and right when Dad tells you so...

Photos coming when I "make them smaller" the loader says..

Chris (CT) and I kept with Graham to a Kragen/McD's parking lot where the Rover just went quietly...I got some start fluid and we sprayed...fired up. From what I hear, fuel pump is the issue. So 1. Dizzy, 2. Fuel. Chris took Graham's son home to Palo Alto and AAA was bringing Graham home....

Got home at 9:00pm and have just had dinner and am sitting with a (well earned) glass of wine.

The tow truck driver had to wait until his only back-up got into radio range (they do CHP recoveries and must always have a truck to haul debris off 101), so we sat in the parking lot of Kragen until 7:45pm. We cracked the fuel line at the filter and were getting either full flow, or absolutely nothing .... which is pretty much what I'd been seeing with trying to start the thing. At least I now have an '89 Chevy fuel pump ready to go in tomorrow (last one has been in for around 80-100K, and I had a slight inkling that it was on the way out .... I should trust my instinct). So tomorrow I will hose down the RRC (or was that hose out the RRC?) and fit the fuel pump.

My thanks go out to Chris for taking my son back to his mother, to Mike and Colin for their invaluable help both at HH and on the way back in to town, and to everyone else that helped with camaraderie and advice.

Now, for anyone that wants to know why I drove into mud that went up over the wheels (er, well, half way up the doors) ... it really shouldn't have been that deep .... I remember when they dug those holes. I was there the following week and put the first set of tracks through the empty 'dips'. The main mud pit was 'blast-able' then, as both Collin and I managed passes in both directions the week after that. The spill-over went down into the 'new' pits, which remained as minor splashes (Lucas even went through them) until recently. Now, I could see the exit was a challenge today, and I almost expected to hang-up there, but figured I could winch to the post by the logs ....

Oh well, live and learn ....

Thanks again everyone.

Graeme

Greame,

And here I thought you drove into the pit 'cause that is what you do.....A Graeme goes any Ware...

This turns out to be easier and quicker for now:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.212556532102872.59430.100000455818399&l=de193bf201

photos of Rovers, Mogs, Synchros and one blue and white submarine seen below.

I have to wonder if the central location of the CB antenna is so we can easily judge depth?

The amazing thing is that the local car-wash said that they couldn't clean it 'cause it was too dirty .....

Regards,

Graeme

How silly, did you not tell them you already did the deep soak on the interior carpet? $20 really won't by a decent car wash anymore...hahaha..

Guest Pedram
The amazing thing is that the local car-wash said that they couldn't clean it 'cause it was too dirty .....

Regards,

Graeme

You should ask them next time how dirty does it need to be before you can wash it.

I can't believe you did the mud hole two times in one day...... And let's not forget how long it took you to get it running the first time around after your son told you not to do it.

Oh, third time is the charm!

"1990 Range Rover Classic

Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers" <------- Not much help if the truck is stuck in waist deep mud water and not running ehh.

Great shots Antonio....that one of Colin and me in the dirt bumps where Colin's stuffing that 35....that wheel well on his truck clearly is built for that 35! I think we need a photo contest for the annual event.....maybe all morning to pick your spot, then all afternoon to shoot as needed. Vote by applause over dinner!

I can't believe you did the mud hole two times in one day...... And let's not forget how long it took you to get it running the first time around after your son told you not to do it.

Oh, third time is the charm!

"1990 Range Rover Classic

Warn winch, 2" lift, 235/85-16 Dunlop MUD Rovers" <------- Not much help if the truck is stuck in waist deep mud water and not running ehh.

Well, the second and third times were through the water pit to clean off the mud ... except that was almost as muddy (at least after my second pass, which is when I stalled at the top of the exit slope).

Graeme

Archived