Gauging Interest - NCLR Baja Mexico San Felipe, Sea of Cortez and Beyond Oct 22-29

Looks great Antonio. Tell Pedram great job!

Can you ask Pedram if he would be interested in making one for my Safarigard bumper for my RRC; already has the hole pre-drilled on ea end; just need the swing away unit.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Looks great Antonio. Tell Pedram great job!

Can you ask Pedram if he would be interested in making one for my Safarigard bumper for my RRC; already has the hole pre-drilled on ea end; just need the swing away unit.

Thanks Ron! I got the message a while back .... sorry I didn't reply sooner.

• 1 month later...
No problem. I got time mostly after 4pm weekdays and most of the day/nights on weekends. If you want to get on it PM me for my contact info. Any pictures?

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe I can have you help me fix my bumper. Would like to change the pivots, but not sure what to do, and would like to secure them better. Maybe just the draw latch would work.

I hear you need more than a tire carrier repair at this time Mike. I think this was the same reason Antonio sold his Classic. Let me know what the problem was when you find it.

SO what do you think about Nicks set up after MORG this last weekend?

I really like his rear bumper tire/can setup. My rear bumper does not have the 1/4 panels cut at all, so the bumper is great, but not my taste I guess. I am not big into the cutting away as I like the lines I have currently. But that bumper is not yours, right? That bumper was in place, and you added the carrier and gas can holder? I think it looks great. My problem/s are:

The nuts on the bolts holding the carrier down come loose in use and the carrier is not on a bearing at all. The latch mechanism is really not there and I have no lock down for the gas can.

If you could make me a tire carrier/gas can set up like Nicks, and adapt it to my current bumper I'd be very happy.

Mike, the rear bumper is a Rovertym. I went heavy duty on everything (the spindles, latches, guess even the lock).

Took some more day time pictures of the carrier; will post later.

I really like his rear bumper tire/can setup. My rear bumper does not have the 1/4 panels cut at all, so the bumper is great, but not my taste I guess. I am not big into the cutting away as I like the lines I have currently. But that bumper is not yours, right? That bumper was in place, and you added the carrier and gas can holder? I think it looks great. My problem/s are:

The nuts on the bolts holding the carrier down come loose in use and the carrier is not on a bearing at all. The latch mechanism is really not there and I have no lock down for the gas can.

If you could make me a tire carrier/gas can set up like Nicks, and adapt it to my current bumper I'd be very happy.

Yes I can buddy. No problem. I wanted to do Ron's, but he isn't even attempting to get a hold of me. ????? Go figure. He asked for help and just leaves it like that.

I will use whatever you really can use. If it's that bad to where you need to replace it then I'll replace it. But as far as your bumper is concerned I would save it. The tire carrier is easy to replace. I just need to know what yours looks like before I can really say anything for sure. I never saw yours. Do you have any pictures? Email them to me, I get text on my phone too. Either way. I need something from your mess in a picture so I can see what you mean. I would like a close up picture or better yet see it in person.

Ok, do I have your email? Probably. What photos do you want? Under, over, carrier, spindle? I can take a ton. Then you can see it in person. Heck, if I can drive it over, I can leave it for days.

I want to grind off the tabs on the bumper. Orignially there to use to pull, but never use them and an issue. Tire carrier needs a better way to lock, so extended or rebuild to go farther across. Could move pivots to rear of bumper if the bolts currently there are not useable/in a good spot. Would like to change the can holder to something that can lock the can down and hold a jerry better, and it needs to be secured to something. Currently, they both "thread" into the bumper, but the tire is no longer holding.

I would also like to maybe add some additional supports from the frame mount to the wings. If all goes well, a skid plate under the rear frame/tank and bolting to the wings would be really slick, but I dream.

post-6-142414658184_thumb.jpg

Ok, do I have your email? Probably. What photos do you want? Under, over, carrier, spindle? I can take a ton. Then you can see it in person. Heck, if I can drive it over, I can leave it for days.

I want to grind off the tabs on the bumper. Orignially there to use to pull, but never use them and an issue. Tire carrier needs a better way to lock, so extended or rebuild to go farther across. Could move pivots to rear of bumper if the bolts currently there are not useable/in a good spot. Would like to change the can holder to something that can lock the can down and hold a jerry better, and it needs to be secured to something. Currently, they both "thread" into the bumper, but the tire is no longer holding.

I would also like to maybe add some additional supports from the frame mount to the wings. If all goes well, a skid plate under the rear frame/tank and bolting to the wings would be really slick, but I dream.

Don't dream to loud. I'll make them all true. If you really want the RRC to become a tank.... you found your guy. I can make anything you can imagine. Trust me. Ask Antonio and Nick. It's all about what you want and need. Just take it one thing at a time. I get carried away myself sometimes and over think things. But really your imagination is not hard to build. I just need a idea of what you want and I can do anything. If you want to do it all at the same time I can do that too. I'll take care of you MIKEY.

We should meet up when ever you have a chance. 510-673-0625. I'm in Fremont

I emailed RTE about their tire carrier ....

Me:

Question

Why would someone buy something they can't see??

RTE:

"Pedram,

Thank you for inquiry - sorry but we do not have any photo available.

Have a great day

RTE Staff

RTE Welding and Fabrication

3308 Westwood Industrial Drive

Ste E

Monroe, NC 28110

Office 704-635-7305

Fax 704-665-5693

"

can you believe that???

Archived