Gauging Interest - British Invasion of the Rubicon July 28th - 31st

For the past 5 years, I've been attending the Jeepers Jamboree on the Rubicon. Most of you know the Rubicon - this is more of a "party" type trip -- with the big advantage being that there are spotters at every obstacle, and the trail is cleaned up/cleared (made a bit easier) than a normal weekend. I've done the Rubi both ways -- I would if you would call the Rubi an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10, the Jamboree makes it a 6 or 7. You may get heckled by the Jeepers -- but there are dedicated mechanics who will do repair work for you in camp and if you do suffer a major breakdown -- usually some type of help getting you out..

However, there are lots of rigs, and it definitely is not a "get away from people" experience -- they fly in a band, have a 24/7 bar, etc. But it is a lot of fun. All the normal caveats about having a Rubi Ready rig apply.

This year, I think a bunch of us are getting together to run the trail together in Rovers. So if you are interested, post up your interest here. The link, below, details how you would register for this event. It is expensive, but at leas all your food is paid for!

http://www.jeepersjamboree.com/4day_trip.html

• 1 month later...
Well, I just paid and booked for 3 people. I know Frank and Tony plus a few others may be going. Let me know if you need one of my riders -- (there is a 2 person per rig minimum) if you are planning on going "solo". We can move them to your registration...

• 1 month later...

Archived