Gauging Interest: Pismo Beach May 2011

I just reserved my campsite.

Right on man.Pismo trip is just around the corner i cant wait.The whether been in the 80's and dunes are in great shape.

• 2 weeks later...
Pismo this weekend! Like to get a headcount.We will have three member from SCLR members joining us and few local rovers.

Unable to attend

I've been lying low in the weeds lately on account the rover breakdown flu is rotating around my garage. Started with my D1 which still is without a re-built diff and rear axle housing. Just got my wifes range rover back from dealer with a new transmission (warranty thank you) and now my LR3 is at Cerrones today with an unknown e-brake limp mode no special programs, on the bump stops non functioning auto transmission.....

Before this trip, I need attendees to respond to the following questions:

1) Your eta arrival to Pismo

2) Are you camping or staying in a hotel; if camping, can you bring a bundle of wood?

3) Anyone interested in hitting Garcia Ridge Saturday morning; leave camp 9am and be back by noon; time for lunch and wheeling on the sand.

1. Hopefully Lucas and I will be there. We can't leave until quite late though, and have a 4+ hour journey. We'll be rolling in after most of you have had plenty of beverage (after 9:00pm, so hope we can still get in).

2. Camping. Looking at the temperatures expected, probably in the RRC. Will try to bring some wood, but might be somewhat loaded up (tools and spares!!)

3. Yes on Garcia Ridge, but 9:00am is kinda early.

Regards,

Graeme

I am attending with the classic

right on Collin.Cant wait to see the classic with its new shoes.

1. Hopefully Lucas and I will be there. We can't leave until quite late though, and have a 4+ hour journey. We'll be rolling in after most of you have had plenty of beverage (after 9:00pm, so hope we can still get in).

2. Camping. Looking at the temperatures expected, probably in the RRC. Will try to bring some wood, but might be somewhat loaded up (tools and spares!!)

3. Yes on Garcia Ridge, but 9:00am is kinda early.

Regards,

Graeme

The gate to Pismo is always open and you can give me a ring if you need help getting to camp.Just don't forget to air down the sand should be soft.9 am is only a base time we never leave on time.Just no stopping for strawberry's on the way to the trail :) . I will also pass out map just in case.

phone 805-431-2668

Have fun guys; I am taking a rest; came back friom an overseas trip for almost two week and just got back last Wed, then trip to Vegas for work Thur-Sat, then ran Bay to Breakers last Sunday; pushed myself a bit, dead tired, and call for much needed rest this wknd!

Just go home and uploaded the pics from the trail.Had a great time we had light wind in the afternoon but as soon as the sun went down it stop and was vary nice.We had a total of 6 trucks and all went to Garcia ridge.Only one break down Collin bent up a rear radius arm and took out the rear drive shaft.Might have to rename the trail to drive shaft ridge.:)

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/lutzg/PIsmo%20Beach%202011/

Just go home and uploaded the pics from the trail.Had a great time we had light wind in the afternoon but as soon as the sun went down it stop and was vary nice.We had a total of 6 trucks and all went to Garcia ridge.Only one break down Collin bent up a rear radius arm and took out the rear drive shaft.Might have to rename the trail to drive shaft ridge.:)

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/lutzg/PIsmo%20Beach%202011/

i agree driveshaft ridge it is.

Archived