Year End Garage, Gear Swap, and Holiday Party Mexxis Dec 4th 1pm

Hey Luis,

Do you have the rods on your LR3 now or do you put them on before you go on a trail. I know you have to get an allignment if you keep them on permanently and the dealer says that they need to do it because it has to be in a certain mode/height when you do it where another shop won't be able to. Also do you/others have any ideas to wiring lights and mounting a tube bumper I made an attempt and it is a major pain to get through the firewall. I plan on being there around 1pm as well, look forward to meeting you all.

Hey Josh. Once I installed the rods I never removed them. What I did do at first was to change the setting lenght on the rod itself when I was going off road and put it back to factory lenght when I got done. Actually was able to do that fairly quickly but at the end, I just left the 2" lift on full time, got the allignment done and have never looked back. It looks like a whole different monster all together with AT tires and the lift and it drives just as smooth on the road. You can look at my signature picture. My wife's LR3 is stock height, stock size tires. Mine (black one) is lifted. That makes a good point of comparison. I did not have the dealer do the allignment. We have 2 shops within the club, Besa Auto Care in Oakland and Cerrone's European in Redwood City and both will do a much better job than any dealer ever could for a lot less. I;ll be there around 1 also . You can check out what I've done so far. Be more than happy to help out with your rig or answer any questions you have over a Quesadilla :)

I have a whole bunch of parts for a d2. Name your part and I probably have it. I have a in cabinet hood for a 6 burner stove up for grabs. It was 1200 new looking to get anything for it. Have 2 sets of d2. 18inch wheels and Tires. I have 2 home theater reciever amps. 1 JBL 1 harman kardon. A few surround speakers. All sorts of cables. Anyone want a 1974 datsun 260z with a Chevrolet 350 V8 and a 6-speed gearbox. Runs but still needs to be finished. Have almost every part to finish.

Much more stuff just ask if there is anything you need.

Stuff I want. Cats for a 95 d1. 2- 3 inch spring lift for d1. 02 sensors for a 95 d1. More stuff wanted but can't think right now.

Hey Guys

Can't make it either the Mrs. had a rough night last night with the new born sorry. But still in for the trip in Feb. See you there.

Been there done that; hope the lll one is okl fully understand; we hope to see you next time.

Good seeing familair faces and new. Catching up with stories, mods and trips for next year.

Thanks to Enrique and Carlos for hosting the event, and also allowing me to light up a cake - celebrated my 40+ b-day and 20th anniv working for the same bank (same company I worked for fresh out of college).

Anyways, hopefully folks found a deal or sold stuff and made more room in the garage; funny, it feels like I gained more (smile); bought an Optima blue top, inverter, and some other thing. or if anything else, had a great meal and time.

Let's do this again next year @ Mexxis.

Here are some random photos:

1) Mexxis is open

2) Folks after lunch looking over garage sale items

3) There's Enrique - "hummm, can I fit this hood range mod in my LR3". Lol.

4) A few of the vehicles including Eric's electric Passat

5) There's Paul - "hummm, air vent for the Disco". Ha! Ha!

6) My used Optima Blue Top for $60

Archived