Gauging Interest: 4th Annual Shaver Lake Snow Run Feb. 18-20, 2011

I'll try to load up a crap load of fire wood from work on my roof rack. But the problem is that I can only go so high and wide.It's only a 2x3 basket. And it's all pine. But if Antonio is willing to bring his basket hitch deal, we can get more. I can get pallets from work. These are not 1x's. They are nice beefy 2x4's and 4x4's.

As far as food, I got a pack of short rib meat from Costco. And plan on doing a P-fab marinade Thursday night on them. For anyone who hasn't tried my steak..... YOUR MISSING OUT IF YOU MISS OUT!!!!!!!!! I am bringing my little propane grill out there to do it right.

I don't know if I can feed everyone but I'll try to get my homies for sure.

LUTZ.... Welcome to the big 30. I'm right there in front of you buddy. Both me and my girl. So and early congrats.

Does anyone know about the showers there at Shaver Lake??? My girl is wondering about that and the bathrooms at night. Is there lighting for all that in case you have to go at night?

If I missed anything let me know.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The bathrooms are heated, with flush toilets, hot water, shower facilities and are pretty close to our campsites. There are lights on the inside, but I recommend taking a headlamp with you for the walk to the bathroom. To use the showers you must purchase a shower card at the kiosk at the entrance to Camp Edison. I don't remember what the rate is, but $5 should be enough I think.

So Colin, how much of it can you load up??? I want a BOMB FIRE not bon fire. You know how we middle easterners do it..... OOPS , to much info! HEheheheheh HE

HEhe

I will kill all of you (looking around) I'm kidding my friend....

Sorry I'm bored. I just can't wait to go already. Two more days. Hours are counting down.

Tomorrow morning I will be stopping at Dynamo Donuts to grab some of the fanciest donuts SF has to offer, and bring them to the Gilroy group. I'll probably get 6 of the maple bacon, and an assortment of 6 other varieties depending on what's available for that day.

Now there is a reason to get there early ....

Graeme

Sorry Chris, for some reason I haven't been getting any email notifications of new posts in this thread for the past couple of days, just thought there wasn't any activity going on in the thread. Meant to contact you tonight to firm up plans for a rendezvous tomorrow...

However, there's new wrinkle. My new tires are on the truck, it's loaded up with all my gear, the shopping done and I was heading for Sacramento, planning to stay there tonight and head out in the morning. I developed a bad driveline vibration about halfway to Sac, got out and under to check it out...looks like my left CV joint is going out. I turned around and limped home. I'll look at it in the morning and determine if that is indeed the problem or if it's something more serious. I'll try to get it taken care of and head out when I can...if I can.

All this after leaving way later than planned today due to problems with my sewer lines at the house, and then dealing with a broken water line. And, we have snow up here, half the roads in the county were closed today, I thought I was going to have to take the long way around the lake to get out of here, but they finally got the roads open. Probably happen all over again tomorrow...

Dan I hope your vibe issue isn't serious and you can make it down. I'd be really bummed if you didn't make it.

Nigel, I hope your wife is safe and doing ok.

I'll check back here in the morning to see how everyone's status is doing. I plan to be out the door by 6:45, and will check the thread on my iPhone when I pick up Leo and Los Gatos.

Archived