Gauging Interest: 4th Annual Shaver Lake Snow Run Feb. 18-20, 2011

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok Iam in

1. Brandon Nidia and Brittany

2. 97 D1 3 inch lift 33 in tires. winch and full recovery setup. Will also bring snow chains.

3. David Vidaurri (559) 294-7347

4. Fri morning

5. Roof top tent

6. Pot luck, Mabey Tamales? Any other ideas?

Also may have a firewood hookup in the area if needed.

Guys, just looking at the Camp Edison site has me completely confused. Am I reading right that we can't even submit reservations until the 18th, and you have to include a 100 dollar deposit, even though the sites are only $35 a night?

The process just seems very bizarre.

X2 on what Colin said. Yes, the process of reserving a site is very 1990's. You just need the site # you want, credit card # and exp date. Be sure to include your phone (in case there's an issue) and address (to send you the confirmation). Mention you're with the NCLR Club and send it to this address. They're pretty quick to confirm your request, mine took 2-3 days to hear from them.

P.O. Box 600

42696 Tollhouse Rd.

Shaver Lake, CA 93664

Ok Iam in

1. Brandon Nidia and Brittany

2. 97 D1 3 inch lift 33 in tires. winch and full recovery setup. Will also bring snow chains.

3. David Vidaurri (559) 294-7347

4. Fri morning

5. Roof top tent

6. Pot luck, Mabey Tamales? Any other ideas?

Also may have a firewood hookup in the area if needed.

Awesome Brandon, glad to see you can make the trip again this year. As the date approaches we can coordinate transport of firewood (if needed).

All,

Well, knowing nothing other than time is moving on .... I faxed in for 229 for Saturday, and then tried to book a cabin for Friday night (we won't be there until 8:30pm earliest, probably nearer 10:00pm). Two night minimum stay .... oh.

Now the second problem is that I don't actually have a Rover vehicle that I'd go more than 50 miles in at the moment. The 'parts' D2 has a blown head gasket. The D2 has a suspected blown head gasket (will go 110 miles though all conditions with temp stable, then sometimes cook the next day going just 5 miles). The RRC has a known locked BW CD, although why I should worry about that I don't know because it was that way at least since May, and we've done several thousand since then. Intuition tells me the front left CV joint may not be liking the current situation though. In the snow I have no worries, but getting there .... Of course, I have a 'spare' TC lined up, but need to meet up with Dan, and fit the thing too. Hey ... there's a thought. Dan: How about bringing it on the trip and we'll do it in the snow? .... no come to think of it, a AAA truck home sounds more fun ....

It is too cold to 'enjoy' doing either of the head gaskets at the moment, and my garage is 1/2 way through a remodel so is (a) full of cr&p, and (B) only partially wired for light and power and © devoid of insulation and Sheetrock, so very cold. So no chance of doing the work in there.

Did I say there was a 60% chance of us making it along? Sounds about right.

Happy New Year to you all ....

Regards,

Graeme

Graeme,

You are welcome to ride with me as I am going solo at the moment, as long as you are ok with my little dog riding in the back (100 pound lab with a drooling issue) and just so you get the joke: smiling emoticon for the drooling comment hee hee

Chris

I'll be heading down 99 on Friday sometime, not sure when yet. I guess whenever I feel like it, since I don't have anyone to caravan with from my neck of the woods or the Sac. area so far...

I'll be heading down 99 on Friday sometime, not sure when yet. I guess whenever I feel like it, since I don't have anyone to caravan with from my neck of the woods or the Sac. area so far...

Hey Dan,

I would love to caravan with you fri since I too don't have anyone to head down with, we could me at my house in stockton (last week that i will be living there as we are buying a house in livermore!!!!!) it's 2 miles off of 5 in north stockton so easy to get to and then we could head down either way. let me know

Chris

209-423-3888

I'm planning to go 99 partly since I'm pulling a trailer. I generally tow at about 60 or so, the Po-po usually won't mess with you if you're a little over the 55 towing limit, but if you want to go 70 you'd be leaving me in the dust...:D But if you can live with that, it could be do-able.

I'm planning to go 99 partly since I'm pulling a trailer. I generally tow at about 60 or so, the Po-po usually won't mess with you if you're a little over the 55 towing limit, but if you want to go 70 you'd be leaving me in the dust...:D But if you can live with that, it could be do-able.

Yeah you must not remember the CT110 beast, even with it's new engine (which i haven't driven yet) I don't think i would do more that 65 tops so 60 is fine with me!!!

Hey everyone, been away from an internet and cell connection for a few days here in Ohio. I'll plan to take the route Steve mentioned and work out a time in the next day or two. I'm back in SF tomorrow afternoon and will post up a time when I get settled back.

Here's the proposed time and meeting locations for Friday's trip to Camp Edison/Shaver Lake. Myself, Steve, and Dave (and anyone else) are taking 101 South and will meet at 9:00am here:

Vieira’s Shell Gas Station

850 Pacheco Pass Hwy (CA-152)

Gilroy, CA. 95020

Everyone should try to be in Madera at 11:00am as this is our main rendezvous point:

Valero Gas Station

1502 E. Yosemite Ave.

Madera, CA. 93638

(Cross street is Tozer St.)

If you're taking I-5 South, exit 403A to CA-152 E/CA-33 S to Los Banos/Fresno. If you're taking the 101 South route, continue on CA-152 E and follow these directions:

Exit to CA-99 S

Exit 154 to Central Madera

Turn left at N I St.

Take 3rd left onto W Yosemite Ave.

Continue onto E. Yosemite Ave.

Arrive at Valero 1502 E. Yosemite Ave.

The Valero is about 1 hour from the I-5/CA-152 interchange. Just past the gas station is a large pulloff where we can wait after fueling and for people show up.

To get to Camp Edison from the Valero follow these directions:

Head northeast on Rd 145/E Yosemite Ave toward Stoney Rd

Continue to follow Rd 145

Turn right at Rd 206

Turn left at Millerton Rd

Turn left at Auberry Rd

Continue onto CA-168 E/Lodge Rd

Turn left at CA-168 E

Turn left at Dragon Fly Ln/Tollhouse Rd

Continue to follow Tollhouse Rd

Turn left at Huntington Lake Rd/Tollhouse Rd

I've updated the first post again to reflect a slight change in campsites for TigerDan and Brandon. I didn't realize Dan is bringing a trailer (which counts as 2 spaces at a site), and moved him to #229. I moved Brandon to #230 with Lutz, which means we are all full again. The next person who wants to attend will need to secure the next campsite, #227 I believe. Soon we'll start discussing the plans for Saturday's potluck dinner.

Archived