Annual Event Suggestions

No kids, both of us are in total agreement on that. My girlfriend knows how much I love my truck and wants to go on some trips with me. She likes the way I camp (i.e. taking care of everything :)

Total agreement? Let me know how the "V" goes, cause unless you are getting surgery, never say never. Have a friend who was about to adopt because many attempts to have kids did not happen.....gave up trying, 2 kids.....so never say never...ask Steven!

When you girlfriend starts refering to RovrFlo as that little English tart, be warned.... time to buy her a truck too...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Total agreement? Let me know how the "V" goes, cause unless you are getting surgery, never say never. Have a friend who was about to adopt because many attempts to have kids did not happen.....gave up trying, 2 kids.....so never say never...ask Steven!

When you girlfriend starts refering to RovrFlo as that little English tart, be warned.... time to buy her a truck too...

My "V" story makes for a good campfire story. 5 kids and no regrets... well, except for the lack of sanity. But who needs sanity anyways???

Brenton - no kids? ever? how old are you? if you are under 40 and have no kids, no ethical Dr. would perform the surgery.

The English tart is the voice on my Garmin according to my g/f. She hates how it pronounces "slight" as "slit" and the unit uses that word all the time. But it can pronounce "right" correctly. So you take a "slit right" all the time. I've always been good with kids and know I would make a great dad, but I just don't feel it. My g/f helped her mom raise twins (both boys) when she was 14 and decided from then on that she wasn't having any kids. Steven, I am 33 y.o.

actually Lutz has loads of experience being the donor vehicle :)

he might be the best choice.......

LMFAO :P

Brenton up until recently I/we were the last of our friends that vowed not to have kids so you still have time:)

The English tart is the voice on my Garmin according to my g/f. She hates how it pronounces "slight" as "slit" and the unit uses that word all the time. But it can pronounce "right" correctly. So you take a "slit right" all the time. I've always been good with kids and know I would make a great dad, but I just don't feel it. My g/f helped her mom raise twins (both boys) when she was 14 and decided from then on that she wasn't having any kids. Steven, I am 33 y.o.

Well, the "V" thing is awesome. No more worries. Always go bareback. Except with Griff. I always double up.

Well, the "V" thing is awesome. No more worries. Always go bareback. Except with Griff. I always double up.

yeah, you know me, a real risky partner.

as for kids, my wife and i waited quite a while before electing to create life. 'course, we felt some obligation because we knew our coupling would produce high-quality stock, something that's largely missing from the population today. sure enough, our boys are superior examples of the combination of top-notch genes. you should all count yourselves lucky for you and your own fry will undoubtedly benefit from swimming in the same pool. you are welcome.

oh, and with respect to the "V" commentary, i opted for complete castration. it was cheaper because i could do it at home (just need a rubber band) and it's foolproof. there's really no going back though, in case you change your or your significant other changes her mind, and, thus, it could be problematic. i have a friend who's wife changed her mind and he had to do just that, i.e. a reversal. the 4-hour reconnection was unpleasant, to say the least, when compared to the 20-minute cut-clip-burn-and-stitch.

i"m now thinking i may have provided too much info...

yeah, you know me, a real risky partner.

as for kids, my wife and i waited quite a while before electing to create life. 'course, we felt some obligation because we knew our coupling would produce high-quality stock, something that's largely missing from the population today. sure enough, our boys are superior examples of the combination of top-notch genes. you should all count yourselves lucky for you and your own fry will undoubtedly benefit from swimming in the same pool. you are welcome.

oh, and with respect to the "V" commentary, i opted for complete castration. it was cheaper because i could do it at home (just need a rubber band) and it's foolproof. there's really no going back though, in case you change your or your significant other changes her mind, and, thus, it could be problematic. i have a friend who's wife changed her mind and he had to do just that, i.e. a reversal. the 4-hour reconnection was unpleasant, to say the least, when compared to the 20-minute cut-clip-burn-and-stitch.

i"m now thinking i may have provided too much info...

I hear the reconnect is extremely painful and not 100% restoration. No woman is worth that.

This is going to carry over to Friday night's campfire, isn't it? Griff, I like your method, though I was thinking more along the lines of tooth removal. Tie up a sting to you and the door handle and slam it shut. Or perhaps a freak bungee jump accident??? Mike, you're supposed to talk people into getting Rovers and parts, not kids!!! See you all soon.

This is going to carry over to Friday night's campfire, isn't it? Griff, I like your method, though I was thinking more along the lines of tooth removal. Tie up a sting to you and the door handle and slam it shut. Or perhaps a freak bungee jump accident??? Mike, you're supposed to talk people into getting Rovers and parts, not kids!!! See you all soon.

i considered the forceful-removal options as well, but i figured (1) i couldn't generate enough force given that our interior doors at the time were not solid core; and (2) i have a problem with heights.

and, yes, brenton, we will broach the merits of procreation (or, in your case, amateurcreation).

I've been thinking about producing a public service announcemet for Tread Lightly as part of keeping my Tread Trainer status. What I would like to do at the annual event is ask people what they do to Tread Lightly while on the trails. I can shoot some b-roll later, but a montage of voices telling the story with video support would be a timeless piece that TL could use for some time. I hope people will think about this and be ready with a quick comeback when I stick a camera in your face and ask "how do you tread lightly?"

Thanks in advance

Ideas strike on airplanes, showers & when cooking bacon. I want to add a kid angle to 1 of the PSAs I produce from the annual event. So, all of you with kids, get them ready to comeback with answers when I ask "How do you tread lightly?" I totally expect a few will say they hold daddy's beer while he drives but that's not going to make the final cut. Is there a young talented individual who can ask questions for me & maybe be a host of sorts? The final shot of the kid PSA should be on the hood of a Rover with them saying in unison "Remember to always tread lightly"

Mike, is there a time in the schedule maybe before dinner Saturday when I could squeeze this in?

The rest of you will also be asked to respond for my project, so please be ready when I ask "How do you tread lightly?"

Archived