Blue Lakes-Deer Valley/Slickrock Sept 16th-19th

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

BTTT. The date is closing in on us and we need to firm things up on this.

For some reason, even though I filled out a trip request and its' receipt was acknowledged, this trip never appeared on the list of upcoming events and I don't find anyplace to sign up for it. I'd like to get a headcount, so if you're still in please chime in here.

oh man, i was just up there on a dispatch with the Mendocino nat. forest doing project work and waiting for fires. i want to go back so bad on my own time now that i have blazed the trails up there a few times in a retrofitted school bus:D unfortunately i don't think ill be able to get the time off work:(

Due to the lack of response, I'm wondering if everyone besides Colin has backed out...?

Hey Dan, we have the Ham Radio class next Sunday Sept 12th @ Mexxis. That wknd is out for some folks.

And 23rd to 26th is the Overland Rally.

Leaves Sept 18/19th open. If I go, only going for a day trip is my new plan.

Also may want to start a new thread and post the suggested date.

Ron, I had already taken all those things into consideration and set the trip for the 16th-19th, which was updated in the first post in this thread. Perhaps Gary or someone with the appropriate powers can change the date in the title of this thread...? I sort of hate to start a new one on the same subject and have info get lost between separate threads...gets confusing when there are several threads going about the same trip.

Ron, I had already taken all those things into consideration and set the trip for the 16th-19th, which was updated in the first post in this thread. Perhaps Gary or someone with the appropriate powers can change the date in the title of this thread...? I sort of hate to start a new one on the same subject and get info lost between separate threads...gets confusing when there are several threads going about the same trip.

NP. I didn't realize you posted 16th-19th; missed that post; thought still undecided which wknd; ok, got it.

Yeah, if they can add the date in the title (avoid the confusion); attendees or prospective attendees won't get confused like I did; starts with July and then I now see the new dates selected Sept 16th-19th. Thanks for the clarification.

Lets hope some more interest gets shown. I have been spending the last few months preparing my d2 for this. I got the lift tires bumper winch all sorts of stuff. So people post up.

In terms fo prepping for this trip, you will need sliders.

The plan is to run Slickrock on Friday the 17th, so you would need to get there fairly early in the morning. Not super early, since it's not a really long trail it can be run in 1/2 day so we don't need to start at dawn or anything. I'd like to hit the trail by 9:00 am.

Camping will be at Lake Alpine both Thursday and Friday nights.

It would probably be a good idea for me to get a confirmation from folks on who's planning to come up Thursday night or Friday morning to run Slickrock on Friday.

I just checked on the campgrounds, the site says it generally closes for season after Labor Day. However, it also says that camping is still allowed when the campgrounds are closed, just that there are no services available so pack out your own garbage etc.

Still have a few things to check on regarding Slickrock trail itself, possible closures in the area etc. Will most more when I know more...

I will be taking friday off, so i will be able to come up on Thrursday after work. What time is everyone leaving the bayare on Thursday?

Please keep us posted on the campground we will be staying at. That way i can look it up and have an idea before heading up there. It will be hard to find it at night time.

I am assuming we are caping in the trail on Saturday right?

I just go the rocksliders weld to the RRC. Can way to put them to the test :-)

The campground we are shooting for is at the west end of Lake Alpine. More info here:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-parks-218634-lake_alpine_campground_stanislaus_national_forest_camping-i

Saturday night the plan is to camp at Blue Lakes, at the north end of the Deer Valley trail. I have no plans to camp along the trail.

Archived