Off road newbie clinic, prospect new members

I am working on putting together a saturday out for the adult man in my church where we can have fun with a "boys day out" off roading style, and get to know each other better. I don't have a specific date yet but I figure I'd at least post to give anyone interested a heads up.

The deal is this. We have a great, fun bunch of guys at church who love to do stuff like this. When I mentioned the chance of taking the whole bunch off roading in real Land Rovers their faces lit up much like a 5 year old on Christmas morning.., kind of like mine everytime I take the LR3 on the trail :rolleyes: At first I thought of just taking my 2 rovers and seeing how many people end up signing up for the trip and just getting everyone to pitch in and renting a few extra Jeep Wranglers for the day, but there are several people in the group that are currently doing some serious thinking about buying rovers so why tease them with Jeeps if I could somehow provide the full experience accross the different models and generations.

SO.., here's the catch. Our church is small and could not afford to pay for your time coming out to do this on a Saturday, but would gladly pay for the gas used on your rig and feed you a nice lunch. The idea would be to take the bunch sorta through the same paces the Land Rover Wheel's Event takes the new owners, allowing them to actually drive the vehicles under the direct supervision of the instructor in the passenger seat. So if you have issues with other people driving your rig, this is probably not for you.

I'm shooting for next month, tentatively right now the date would be Saturday 25th April, and I know that the MORG for next month is working itself to be a stay over night, fun weekend, so taking yet another saturday of your time the same month to do this is asking a lot, but if anyone would be interested in sharing their excitement for the brand and off road expertese with a bunch of excited off road newbies, it would make everyone's year to be able to do something like that!

Think about it, post if you think something like this would be your cup of tea so I have an idea wether I need to start calling Enterprise to get estimates on Jeeps :o

Thanks, Will. Your knowledge and that tank showing off capabilities my LR3 can only dream of at this point would be a super treat!

I also forgot to mention the obvious..., the location for the outting would be Hollister SVRA.

Archived