January MORG

Decent turnout, weather clear and cold, conditions were muddy but trails in the sun were drying out by the afternoon. Some of the easy trails were a pucker factor going down hill for some. And of course, Rob had to show up the locals in the mud pit :D

A little repair, a little wheeling...all is good.

Some highlights:

As photo'd above, repair of a Disco at the NEW obst. course. Needless to say, big tired/big engine and heavy feet have reshaped what the course is looking like.

The downhill on Lupine Loop. Really nothing, as long as you are used to Autopia at Disneyland and could get your wheels in a rut.....mud seems to be a great equalizer.

Talked some people into doing stupid things with their Fords and the such. At the Classic Obst. course, the Nazi flag waving, "Don't give A (An anarchy symbol) F^#$! 4x4 club sure made me understand HOW off roaders get a bad image. Wonder if it was their coors light that was dumped on the trail and that will cleaned up....

Great friends, great weather...met some I knew, some I didn't yet.....

The lone repair rover (I forget the name) passed me going in to play as we left....next time hopefully no issues, and 2 more rovers in the pack!

Archived