Forgot to mention...

Apparently the DMV has had a change of heart. My request for NCLR 88 was denied per CA VC, Section 5150....

"...considered offensive, misleading or in conflict with any existing license plates series issued."

Did anyone else get this letter? On what grounds could I realistically challenge this?

Thanks

It probably crosses another plate configuration, call them at 916.657.7654 to discuss.

Congrats Dan!

It probably crosses another plate configuration, call them at 916.657.7654 to discuss.

Well wouldn't you know that the number has been changed to

916 657 8035 where I got a busy signal...tried again, started ringing and didn't stop...oh wait it just did. Cut me off, the big digital F*U* Called back 12 times, get a recorded message. UGH, local radio station on hold! This is torture. KFSJ cool jazz radio...Oh now a Starbucks spot (commercial in the biz), local energy company, CA Lottery....What torture, my ears are bleeding.

:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

I did write a letter explaining my beef...don't expect this to go well.

Congrats Dan, you must be having good DMV karma right now.

I did ask the gal while I was at DMV about your plate Jim, wondering why NCLR 87 was okay and NCLR 88 wasn't. All she had to say was that it only takes two complaints to cancel a plate...I don't think that applies in your case as it never got to that point.

I was thinking that maybe the person that reviewed your application thought maybe it had to do with the Natzi Low Riders, who go by NLR...:confused:

how 'bout this one, jim...

DMVSUKS

if they question, just tell them it stands for "Danville Matadors versus Ukiah King Snakes." you know some made up high school rivalry.

That's not avail! :)

How about DMVSTNK? It's avail (or it seems online) - see pic. :D

And like Mark suggested, make up the meaning "Danville Monks Vs Tiburon New Knights". :D

Would be an interesting experiment to see if it would pass DMV eyes! :cool:

Joking set aside, Can't complain; CA DMV has been good to me. I am surprised about the DMV not liking to issue plates with "88".

It's not you are asking for "VATO 88", Disco is colored red, and you wear a gold mini Hi-jack lift necklace (visualize that for a second).

Anyways, good luck Jim. Happy Holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

Today I received a letter from the DMV with their explanation on why my plate was denied. I'll get to the good stuff here..."The numbers 88 together are a code for Heil Hitler in the neo-nazi community and cannot be approved."

Who knew that our state government hired the best socially connected code crackers...If only they put as much effort into their real jobs!

There have been a lot of shows on Nat'l Geo channel about gangs. "H" is the 8th letter in the alphabet, so Hail Hitler = 88. I'd keep the low original member # Jim. I was hoping to be NCLR 069, but Randy got that a few weeks before me. And you can only have 69 on your plate if that is the model year of the vehicle.

I'm still torn between ROVRFLO or NCLR070. My reg is due in Feb. so I'd like to decide quickly.

• 1 month later...

Nice Jim!

Come on "us" in a LR gang - spraying WD40s vs bullets. Drive-up axle upgrades vs drive-by shooting.

Just imagine in vid spoof video - gangsta Land Rover Enthusiast; I can see visual the Rap video spoof; gold ring gear hanging on a neclace... :D

Nice Jim!

Come on "us" in a LR gang - spraying WD40s vs bullets. Drive-up axle upgrades vs drive-by shooting.

Just imagine in vid spoof video - gangsta Land Rover Enthusiast; I can see visual the Rap video spoof; gold ring gear hanging on a neclace... :D

Ron,

Keep working it in your brain as you shovel snow this weekend. Get back to me with the thousand's of ideas you come up with...1 is sure to be good!

Have an Arrogant Bastard for me ;)

Archived