Carrizo Plains Nat'l Monument - March MORG Re-Route

26 minutes ago, lutz said:

Hoping to leave around 3 pm .also are we doing a real fire? Also heads up for 58

Screenshot_2023-03-10-13-03-09-54_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

if coming from the north I would take 41 east off 101 to La Panza rd after Creston and hit 58 that way.

Reward rd....wait a minute? that is pretty much the entire 58... that is merde!

can't make it Sat but will anyone be out there Sunday??

Edited by SLOHybrid

Yeah the goal is to do a real fire, hopefully tonight, but for sure tomorrow as the weather looks like it will clear up.

Thanks for the note on the road closure, will take 101 --> 41 --> La Panza. 

Unfortunately got left later than we hoped, had some electrical issues with snowflake on the auxiliary power side. Haven't figured out yet why B4 fuse is blowing, but managed to get the locker, phone chargers etc re-routed. Guess we won't have instrument background illumination on this trip :(.

See everyone down there.

20 minutes ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

I expect we will be out there at least until noon on Sunday

call Lutzi on road status as 58 is pretty much closed now  (don't do 41 to  La Panza) 

Well the trip was a success! We had a great time... more on that later, but all work and no play has made Johnny a dull boy.

In the meantime, here is the club photos link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SMFpaH9X23tRmecMA

Let the uploads begin!

53 minutes ago, CRYA said:

Dang  you guys scored perfect weather. Beautiful pics. Anyone have a .gpx they can share for the trip? I'd love to run this with the family when weather is cooperating.

Sure do Will post up when I get back home

42 minutes ago, SLOHybrid said:

CRYA  A few of us have planned to do this next month 8/9/10th you are welcome to join.

Ah thanks, much appreciated but that weekend is booked. Sigh...

Sounds like it was a nice and relaxing trip. If anyone would like to come recap the trip on the podcast, let me know. This is a new trip destination for the club as far as I know, so it would be cool to get a good, detailed run down of how it went.

On 3/14/2023 at 10:11 AM, CRYA said:

Dang  you guys scored perfect weather. Beautiful pics. Anyone have a .gpx they can share for the trip? I'd love to run this with the family when weather is cooperating.

I'll post the gpx tracks we ran in the library and tag them here in the writeup - we lost power (again) so it will be a day or two before I can sit down long enough to get the weekend typed up.

On 3/14/2023 at 1:13 PM, SLOHybrid said:

CRYA  A few of us have planned to do this next month 8/9/10th you are welcome to join.

I am interested in joining on this weekend. Hope it’s ok. This is one of a few ones the family can make as well. Please let me know about details. 

Edited by SDS

Sasha stopped by and did an excellent recap of the trip for the pod. I’ll admit, I was disappointed Jason had to bail just minutes prior to the recording, but such is life. Still worth a listen tho, especially considering that this same trip may be available to members in a few weeks.

Edited by Elherbinator

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 9:05 AM, SLOHybrid said:

PN: SDS. WE have moved the Carrizo camping date to the 14/15/16 of April now.

Got it. Thank you Nathan. I might not be able to make it on Friday until pretty late, especially if kids are coming with me.

In any case, I'll stay tuned for updates.

Just got back for a quick day trip to Carrizo still blooming and talked to the ranger and he said .Once we get some heat it will really bloom. They have added extra portapotty's and every bathroom spot they are expecting 20k visitors on the weekends.

On 3/30/2023 at 7:54 PM, lutz said:

Just got back for a quick day trip to Carrizo still blooming and talked to the ranger and he said .Once we get some heat it will really bloom. They have added extra portapotty's and every bathroom spot they are expecting 20k visitors on the weekends.

GREAT!🙁

34 minutes ago, SLOHybrid said:

YES! we are heading out there late morning Friday.

Great!

I should be able to start some time on Friday (not in the morning). Are you camping at Selby, or KCL, or somewhere else?