AZLRO Rally: Nov 4-6

This one looks awesome. I expect we will be all camped out with the little one after Lost Coast. Guess we will see as it gets closer ;).

But definitely on the calendar for next year!

3 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

This one looks awesome. I expect we will be all camped out with the little one after Lost Coast. Guess we will see as it gets closer ;).

But definitely on the calendar for next year!

Not same weekend... why not do both! :)

I'm sure your LO will love AZ in Nov... possibly more than LC in Nov. :)

Edited by lithium1330

8 hours ago, lithium1330 said:

Not same weekend... why not do both! :)

I'm sure your LO will love AZ in Nov... possibly more than LC in Nov. :)

You argue a strong case. We will have to see how it shakes out. 

The plotting has begun. I mentioned it to Theresa - she didn't say no ;).

9 hours ago, Mr.BlueSky said:

You argue a strong case. We will have to see how it shakes out. 

The plotting has begun. I mentioned it to Theresa - she didn't say no ;).

Yea, make sure you get that in writing from Theresa.
And we can have Sebastian babysit your LO at the rally.  It’ll be great! 

• 3 weeks later...

want to share this info here first before posting to the AZLR comment section.

@PaulD@Mffoster@Joling Mew - If you're up for roughing it at Cottonwood rally (instead of the hotels or wait for leftover volunteer campsites)... I reserved a campsite at Dead Horse Ranch State Park in Cottonwood. It is about 9min drive to center of Cottonwood and  7min walk to the Blazing M Ranch. 

There are a few sites left at the Blackhawk loop: https://azstateparks.com/reserve/#dead-horse/camping

It's $63 for 3 nights (Thur - Sunday check out) for 1veh tent campsite. 

Edited by lithium1330

I am on a waiting list to see if I can get into the official camp site with the AZLRO peeps. I am a member of their group.

My overall plan is to leave Wednesday, 11/2 and camp somewhere near Needles. Then roll into Cottonwood mid-afternoon on the 3rd. After the Rally I am flying my wife into PHX so we can chill in Sedona for a few days. She wants to run Broken Arrow (!!).

Bringing the RRC for this one for comfort factor.

--Paul

IMG_0066.JPG

IMG_0070.JPG

IMG_0107.JPG

I have 119. 

Right now, I plan to drive out Thursday and return sunday.
These are long drives, esp in a 25yo truck & a 2yo kid.... so I may need to break the drives to & from over couple days. 
We'll see. 

Edited by lithium1330

The smooth drive on the way over will be the one and only advantage our 2022 truck will have 😉

We need to "work" on the way over, so plan to drive as far as we can all day Sunday, stay in a motel Sunday night, drive 3 more hours Monday morning, stay/work in another motel, and keep doing that until we get within striking distance on Wednesday. We won't break free from working in the final motel until check-in time on Thursday. So, Thursday afternoon is the soonest we'll be able to connect.

@Joling Mew If you haven't already, I'd suggest getting your HAM license before this event.

Most club outings & events use HAM radio for inter-veh communications. A technician license is relatively easy to study for & pass, and handheld radios can be had for about $20-30 on amazon. 

Here is an on-line resource to help with study: https://hamstudy.org/. Their practice test is really good as a readiness gauge for passing the actual test.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pretty much packed. New plan is to leave early-ish... Tuesday, 11/1, and camp at Budweiser Spring, about 40 miles West of Goffs for (2) nights. Then power over to Cottonwood on Thursday morning. After the Rally, pick up wifey in PHX and cruise on up to Sedona to chill for a couple, then camp our way West homeward.

Yes, I am bringing my Rover V-8 "Rescue Kit:" Belts, cap & rotor, rescue tape, fuses, relays, bailing wire, heater core bypass hardware, chewing gum, etc...!

--Paul