July MORG - Big Sur

On 6/28/2022 at 3:26 PM, PaulD said:

K. So can you provide a basic itinerary? Where are we camping?

Us SLO folks will be coming up from the South to meet you somewhere...

--Paul

Paul,

For peeps coming from the south, lets meet at the turn out for Treebones resort off hwy 1 around 12:30/13:00. The plan is to climb up the hill (los burros rd) and camp at the top above the clouds.

For those that can swing it coming from the North: The best bet for cheap gas & diesel are the two stations at Salinas & HWY 68. There's a Pilot and I think a Valero. You can then jam West on 68 past Laguna Seca and meet up with HWY 1 in Monterey.

--Paul

I am officially out for this weekend, BUT I will be able to get beer to you. I will be coordinating with @El Chapomint for a Friday beer delivery to him in SF. I will have to live vicariously through the your photos and stories... 

I am officially out for this weekend, BUT I will be able to get beer to you. I will be coordinating with @El Chapomint for a Friday beer delivery to him in SF. I will have to live vicariously through the your photos and stories... 

I would be very happy if I could get a couple 4 packs of Bo Pils. Can I Venmo you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to run up to Monterey from SLO County last weekend and I noticed that Laguna Seca Raceway will be having a big event from July 8th --> 10th... So my advice about gas might be null since the traffic on HWY 68 won't be good...!

--Paul

Edited by PaulD
corrected info

MORG Beer Plan is coming together. Coordinating delivery and all that good stuff. 

Here are the orders I have so far: 

• yokrieger: Bo x2, Tripel x1
  • el chapomint: Bo x1
  • PaulD: Gold IPA x1 (to match the rig)
  • Elherbinator: Bo x2 

I'll be sending a mix case+ along with the personal orders. The only thing I ask in return, post some "lifestyle" photos on Instagram and tag East Brother #eastbrotherbeer

Bummed that I cannot make it this weekend. Was really looking forward to this, but I will be there in spirit... 

Cheers

Paul

Just back into Templeton from the Big Sur MORG. Unreal sunset and great conversation. The highlight was the climb out of camp this morning up a rutty, super-cakey dust run -- with me making a total of 4 attempts to finally get up and over in my RRC. The New Defender, LR4's and the RRS made it all look too easy. Eric's RRC BW TC did it's job as well...!

Great time everyone! Thanks Mario for making the call...!

Cheers,

Paul

Great trip, thanks Mario! The Classic had its issues this trip, but we made it home without pulling out the AAA card. It was good to get out there and hang with friends and also meet some cool people for the first time. The wheeling highlight was definitely that steep hill we all had to conquer to get out of camp. It was pretty dang steep and covered with silt and undulating moguls dug out by spinning tires. Made for some fun spectating. Can’t wait to see all the videos of everybody going up.