Rubicon Prerun June 6-8

I'm planning a early Rubicon trip in June. I may be to busy with work to hit up the world famous Rovicon this year😭. This will be a small group around 5 trucks . so we can move at a good pace and make it to camp before dark and hit any optional lines along the way . 

Date June 6-8

Interested 

Mike 

Andrew

Nick K

Will make it if trucks are moving

Don

Gustav

Trip plan

Optional camp Sunday night June 5 at loon lake. I will be dropping off my trailer at end of trail on sunday.

Monday : Hit trail head and camp at Buck Island.  Our general process is to get on the trail early, say by 9AM, and get moving before most other trail users.  We then arrive at the popular camp areas before those late risers and get the best picks and have time to enjoy camp a bit or make any repairs that may be needed.  

Tuesday :  Leave buck early and make our way to Rubicon spring for one more night camping and enjoying the river .

Wednesday Pack up and head out threw Cadillac hill .

Ham 146.460 

Requirements 

solid axles

32+ tires including full size spare

full armor (sliders, diff gaurds, bumpers, etc)

working winch

Front and rear locker 

HD axels 

spares and tools

While it's fully possible to do this trail with no damage, it's also very possible to see some breakage (axles, CVs, etc) and/or body damage.  We make every attempt to avoid these things of course but 'enter at your own risk' as they say.  

We are deliberately running this mid-week to avoid crowds, but you should still expect to encounter some traffic.  This is still fairly early in the year for the Rubicon and before the major events occur so trail conditions are an unknown - they change with every season. 

20170908_100548.jpg

Edited by lutz

My hell work schedule means no week day fun for me. but I will be hading in the weekend before then so if you see me half way through the trail please let me hitch a ride out because that means something went not so well. And cantina for the con is that weekend as well but by Monday I think most of the riff raff will be on the other end of the trail.

1 hour ago, Renorover said:

My hell work schedule means no week day fun for me. but I will be hading in the weekend before then so if you see me half way through the trail please let me hitch a ride out because that means something went not so well. And cantina for the con is that weekend as well but by Monday I think most of the riff raff will be on the other end of the trail.

Sounds good well hopefully the snow goes away and you can give us a trail condition by the time we get there.

17 hours ago, Mffoster said:

I should be free those days, would like to join the group if I won’t slow everyone down with my little 33’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're always welcome I also fix the requirements I must have missed that part.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah going midweek is really nice plus early in the season the trail will be a little harder since nothing's been stacked yet. The friends of the Rubicon are going out next week to do some trail maintenance to get everything ready for the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing if anybody is planning on bringing some jack stands? if not I'll throw them in the back of my pickup. Just starting to do my list of things I need to bring I want to make sure we have everything. 

I always bring a bottle jack and a hi-lift jack and one jack stand. I also away bring my trail welder and welding equipment along with some different sizes of steel. I also always bring a full set of Dewalt 20v power tools including a drill, angle grinder, sawzall, die grinder and four 5 amp batteries.

Edited by Andrew Wood

So at this point it’s Lutz, Andrew and me for sure, Gustav maybe, and possibly who else? I’m planning on heading up Sunday afternoon to camp at the start, probably around the same spot we met for the 2 Rovicon runs.

48 minutes ago, Mffoster said:

So at this point it’s Lutz, Andrew and me for sure, Gustav maybe, and possibly who else? I’m planning on heading up Sunday afternoon to camp at the start, probably around the same spot we met for the 2 Rovicon runs.

My plan is to drop off truck and trailer at Rubicon Trail Staging Area Tahoe Side .IM down to camp where we did for Rovicon before gate keeper or at loon lake campground .So what ever works for everyone. My eta should be around 6pm to 9pm 

2 hours ago, NickK said:

I, unfortunately, am out. Made the mistake of starting a new job last week.

Sorry to see you won't make it Nick but congratulations on the new job.