December 2021 MORG - Xmas trees and potential snow run

Okay, we're planning to head up this Saturday, December 4th, and cut down xmas trees ideally we would have had some snow but no chance this year.

We are heading to China wall and here's a Google link for reference.

https://goo.gl/maps/VuBWMpiUSKHy6Tiy5

You will need a tree permit for Tahoe national forest and they are $10, not sure if available still...but occasionally folks have extra.

Have a read through here.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/tahoe/home/?cid=fseprd677370&width=full

For the details:

Meeting from 10:30 - 11am in Rocklin at the Starbucks

https://goo.gl/maps/KmA4xBnYP3n4x1uF8

We'll leave at around 11am and plan to arrive around noon to China Wall.

From there we'll park and have lunch, explore around and cut down a tree.

For those wanting to explore, the road converts to dirt shortly past the parking lot and we'll head out and check out some the area depending on time folks want to spend.

For those wanting to camp, there are sites in the area and weather is fairly warm.  You can also disperse camp as long as there are no posted signs stating otherwise in the US Forest Land.

Let me know if you have any questions.

So permits go on sale November 9th...just keep in mind as they went super fast last year!!

I'm hoping to go up near China Wall as it gets snow and is paved so it would be open for snow wheeling.

16 hours ago, jcb said:

Just got a permit for two trees for American River.

Is there interest in camping for a night or two?  Just got a hot tent with wood stove on the way that I'm stoked about getting set up in the wild.

If we can make it, I am always down to sno-camp!

There's camping up there, the foresthill divide area is where we are going.  My daughter has two games, timing works out that we play early both days so we don't have issues attending but camping would be a conflict.

At the going rate, there ins't likely to be snow.  Went over the pass this weekend and barely a dusting at the summit.  

On 11/11/2021 at 10:22 PM, jcb said:

Just got a permit for two trees for American River.

Is there interest in camping for a night or two?  Just got a hot tent with wood stove on the way that I'm stoked about getting set up in the wild.

I've given thought to buying a hot tent one of these days, but the set ups I've looked at are pretty expensive for how often I'd likely use it (over $1k).  Did you find something you think was a reasonably priced less than that?? 

13 hours ago, ColinB said:

Where and when are we meeting up for this?

Looks like December 4th for the run based on calendar. I don't have any additional details on times/locations. Sadly, I think Theresa and I are out for this one : (.

Okay!! Some edits and finalized plan in the Original post.

Please let me know who's coming so we can keep an ear out for you!!

This isn't a "trail run" per se, so you can join us at any of the rendezvous points. 

3 hours ago, Elherbinator said:

I’ll be there. Not sure what I’ll be driving though 

Awesome!  I fully admit I'll be driving the "tow pig", aka "TowRVRS" as the newly ordered license plate reads.

5 hours ago, ColinB said:

Yea who is camping.  I am on the fence. If others are I will probably join in for camping.  

I wish but we have full weekend of activities!!