HEAD GASKET problem at Death Valley…

ALWVSN

Long story short, was on my way to doing 5-7 day trip but I blew my head gasket at Death Valley on my D2 :(

I’ll be towing it back to Manteca… I’m looking for anyone or a shop that can help me replace my gasket.

Do y’all know anyone or a recommendation?

I just change my waterpump, hoses, and thermostat for this trip… super bum that my gasket gave up on our first day trip

Long story short, was on my way to doing 5-7 day trip but I blew my head gasket at Death Valley on my D2 :(

I’ll be towing it back to Manteca… I’m looking for anyone or a shop that can help me replace my gasket.

Do y’all know anyone or a recommendation?

I just change my waterpump, hoses, and thermostat for this trip… super bum that my gasket gave up on our first day trip

Not in Manteca to be honest, several in the Sacramento area and Bay...

Let me know if I can point you in a direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

There are salavge yards in the Sacramento area that sell parts and complete engine.

Tim Scully with Scully off-road had some discovery he was parting out too.

Best options I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check pick and pull locations in the Bay Area - they sometimes have landrovers. I had someone pull a transmission for my daughters bmw - $125 - and ran well! Engine is also cheap - of course it can be a crap shoot ..look for a car that hit a tree ! Engine was probably running at the time :)