Besides Your Land Rover - Anyone Else Drive a Porsche

LandRonB

What do you have?

Here's mine 987 Cayman S manual 6 speed.  I belong to a Bay Area Porsche driving group and there's a trip scheduled on April 24th the starts in Pleasanton to Yosemite.  Anyone interested?

On the Land Rover, I am planning a trip to the Lost Coast in May.  I need to check w/the local park ranger(s) and ask if the Usal Road to the Beach will be open (depending on road conditions after winter break, etc..).  I am bringing my D2.

post-410-0-85692300-1618706600_thumb.jpg

Edited by LandRonB

Hey Ron,

I think I went on a drive with that group when I reloc'ed here few years ago.

Anyways, here is my 2008 Boxster S.. prob more mods on this than my 90. :)

Not sure I'd make the 24th on short notice. 

post-999-0-76134600-1618820169_thumb.png

Edited by lithium1330

Nice Chris!  Twin of my Cayman S except yours is a convertible.  Want to hear the mods you've put in. 

We should do a Land Rover or Porsche (you pick the car to drive lol) coffee meet-up!   

Happy to share stuff I have in the car.

I had high flow cats, but removed b/c CA SMOG. :( 

That reminders me I need to go smog it. :-/ 

Def drives different than Rovers. But yea, happy to meet up to talk about not-a-rover. 

I'll check about Lost Coast - love to go. Maybe bring wife and the kid to this. 

Before moving the CA I had a '68 911.  I was never really a P-car guy; I only went to one track day with them and I took the Alfa because it was at Mid-Ohio and the Alfa Club's national event was also going to be there later that year.  I wanted some extra track time.  :)

If I were buying one today would def look for a late model Cayman.  The rear of those is soooo sexy.

I don't own one (there is a reason for that :P ) but I work with them all day long @ SGS Porsche in SLO

Lol I find my 987 Cayman S has been reliable so far (much more so than my 04 D2).  :)   But I can't take it beyond the trail parking lot.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do you miss the exhaust note from your old 911?  Rented one via Turo.  Really liked it; great tech and a different fast, but I am missing the sound from my Cayman S!

I know & have exactly what you need to make the 3.4L sing glorious tunes! 

Do you miss the exhaust note from your old 911?  Rented one via Turo.  Really liked it; great tech and a different fast, but I am missing the sound from my Cayman S!