March MORG - Bowman Lake Snow Run

what time are people leaving from the bay area? we are planning on 7am (not 7:45... thanks Eric) from San Jose...

and @RobertDingli I've got your radio batteries charred

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by bandykins

what time are people leaving from the bay area? we are planning on 7:45 from San Jose...

I’m leaving at 6:45 from San Jose. It’ll take 2.5 hours of driving without stops to get to them let up spot from San Jose. Meet up is 9:45, so I’m giving myself an extra 30 minutes for gas and a drive thru

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m leaving at 6:45 from San Jose. It’ll take 2.5 hours of driving without stops to get to them let up spot from San Jose. Meet up is 9:45, so I’m giving myself an extra 30 minutes for gas and a drive thru

good points... ok

... 7am

Eric - Nick gave me your radio, to give to you....

Ok, thanks Serge. I’ll grab it at some point in the future.

Just got back about a half hour ago (10:30pm). Fun trip with lots of snowy miles driven. We made it all the way to the lake today. No major trail repairs or carnage. Looking forward to seeing everybody’s pics and vids, especially the drone footage.

Ok, thanks Serge. I’ll grab it at some point in the future.

Just got back about a half hour ago (10:30pm). Fun trip with lots of snowy miles driven. We made it all the way to the lake today. No major trail repairs or carnage. Looking forward to seeing everybody’s pics and vids, especially the drone footage.

Do we have a link to upload?  

My casualty of this trip.

5adb4ae6715685eabfb0d0a656492f08.jpg

e7b42aceebc6d3e0cda787867a03c489.jpg

5d5fc0a9f8068440571546fbe798d70d.jpg

Ordered a heavy duty one made from scratch. Modifying the stock one left a couple weak areas that didn’t hold up to offroading and a heavier tire, although I’m only carrying a 35 on a steely and not a full size spare on a beadlock.

The Bowman lake snow run was an excellent trip! 

Got to see quite a few members that I haven't seen in a while : ). It was great to catch up with everyone.

I'll do a writeup soon. 

For now, here is a link to the NCLR 2021 Bowman Lake Snow Run

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ia8RU1zmFm23BK4R6

Thanks for coming out everyone!

More trip carnage, although this was clearly on its way out for a while. It got a little squeaky on the Shaver trip, then got really squeaky near the end of this trip and had a decent vibration on the way home.

99401dd448035d7f79a9dbb98b110279.jpg

81abdc679bd92786339d37e753c6d5b3.jpg

e66cea58d9fab0cbb41063bdaf737122.jpg

495cc61ba459f6179326df868a407bed.jpg

As you can see in the photos, the failure occurred because the bearing had dried up. The rubber seals (which are still on the ujoint) failed and allowed the grease to escape and dry up resulting in an unlubricated bearing. So keep them UJ’s greased and look for the rubber bearing seals separating. The good sides are the ones that are black with grease. These particular 1310 UJ’s were not greasable. The ones I ordered will be along with a new centering ball.