Finally found my RR!

lschwarcz

Hi Everyone,

I've been a member for a little while but I just this past week found my Range Rover. I had been looking specifically for a 2009 Range Rover (L322) Supercharged or, better yet, Autobiography. I guess over half a year of checking websites multiple times a day finally paid off! 

After searching 49 separate used car websites many times every day I saw the ad for a 2009 Autobiography about 10am this past Wed, by 4pm I was landing in Scottsdale, AZ and was at the dealership an hour later and driving the car off of the lot by 7:30pm. Spent the night there and drove home on Thurs.

While the car is 11 years old it only has 35K original miles on it! Aside from a few minor niggles it’s in excellent condition.

It has a Bournville exterior with an Ivory interior. I also learned from my neighbor who's from London that the name, "Bournville" is from Bournville, England where Cadbury Chocolate is made. They founded the city even!

Now to find the roof rails, a ball mount of the right size, trailer wiring harness and get the radio/navigation display fixed (the common flickering screen issue).

And now for my first official question for the group.

Any suggestions to integrate either my iPhone or my iPod? For the rare calls I may make and for navigation from my iPhone I'm fine with my Jabra hands free device on the visor. But I'd really like to listen to my music and podcasts through the stereo and be able to control it through the main interface. 

I have the iSimple Gateway on my '06 Honda Pilot. While it's not perfect it's good enough. I'll contact them tomorrow to see if they have one for Range Rovers.

And I've seen for $550 I can buy a device to give full Apple CarPlay. But, I'd like to see if there are any other, perhaps less expensive, options.

Thanks everyone!

Larry.

Nov 24, 2020: Updated to correct the interior color. It's Ivory, not Parchment.

Edited by lschwarcz