State Parks/county deal could end recreation at Oceano SVRA

Hey everyone. As you may know, Pismo is one of the most popular places in California to drive in the sand dunes. It's always been under threat of closure, or having the recreational area we love to use reduced in size. This is your chance to take action and help keep this area open for everyone. Please read this announcement by Cal 4 Wheel and take action!

• 2 weeks later...

I just texted with Lutzi. No real news from last Wednesday's meeting. The big one is on 4/30 he said.

In the meantime, support CORVA and the dunes with this shirt.

sand.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&w=1500

Brenton,

Sometimes we get blinded by our own knowledge and familiarity with something.  Obvious the t-shirt raises money to support the cause, so that's good, but shouldn't it say "Save Oceano Dunes State Vehicular Recreation Area" and not just "Save Oceano Dunes" which could be seen by outsiders to support closure to OHV use?

This reminds me of the contested area at Carnegie OHV Area where opposition to OHV started calling it a "Park" when it had never been one (it was an old coal mine that had been abandoned years ago).

Regards,

Graeme

Brenton,

Sometimes we get blinded by our own knowledge and familiarity with something.  Obvious the t-shirt raises money to support the cause, so that's good, but shouldn't it say "Save Oceano Dunes State Vehicular Recreation Area" and not just "Save Oceano Dunes" which could be seen by outsiders to support closure to OHV use?

This reminds me of the contested area at Carnegie OHV Area where opposition to OHV started calling it a "Park" when it had never been one (it was an old coal mine that had been abandoned years ago).

Regards,

Graeme

Maybe, but that's a lot of text. Would those same people (not us) know what an SVRA is if they just used the abbreviation? Plus, it does say "Closure isn't management" 3x on the shirt.

Maybe, but that's a lot of text. Would those same people (not us) know what an SVRA is if they just used the abbreviation? Plus, it does say "Closure isn't management" 3x on the shirt.

I really doubt anybody will be swayed either way from a t shirt somebody is wearing. Definitely not anybody that matters, but maybe it’ll raise a few extra bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived