LR Experience Owners Day: Nov 12th

Hey All,

I reached out to the Land Rover Experience at Quail Lodge folks for more info about their Owners' Day, which is coming up on November 12th. The price is a bit steep for me at the moment, but they responded with some more detail that I thought I would share, since the website doesn't say much.

I did the Peru Challenge thing at LRE Quail a few months back, which was fun and totally worth the price ($free). I'm sure Owners Day could be a blast, too. If anyone ends up going, let me know how it was!

-John

----

Here are the details sent to me from LRE Quail. Justin Demayo heads it up, and can be reached at quail@landroverschool.com:

Owners Day:

- social event plus trail ride in a group format with other owners

- your vehicle is used

- no instructor in the vehicle, they are on the outside guiding multiple cars at once

- light breakfast and lunch provided

- 3 hour drive on the trails

- $325 for your vehicle and 1 guest with you, $45 per additional guest you bring

Itinerary:

8:15 AM - 8:45 AM             Check-in at Quail Lodge Resort.

9:00 AM - 9:30 AM             Event Briefing on Trail

9:30 AM - 12:30 PM           Off-Road Driving

12:30 PM - 2:30PM            Picnic Lunch

Attire:

·      No sandals or shoe with a high heel, ground is uneven, rocky, and muddy in areas.

·      Closed-toed shoes that are comfortable outdoors and driving in are preferred.

·      There is no dress code and up to your comfort, but you may be outside of the vehicle occasionally.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Cost: $325 per vehicle for two people, additional guests $45.00 each

·      Each driver must be 21 or older and present a valid drivers license upon check-in.

·      Pets are welcome, but recommend they stay in the vehicle when off-road.

·      Cameras and GoPro’s are a great item to bring to capture the action!

.    Closed toed shoes are required, please no sandals or a shoe with a high heel.

Information needed in order to reserve a spot:

First and Last Name of Guest(s) coming with you:

Best Contact #

Land Rover model, trim package and year you plan to bring:

Credit Card #

Exp:

Holy crap that's a lot of money! How do they justify that? Plus $45 for an extra passenger? I'm not sure what exactly they offer on the trail run, but initially that seems almost offensive to try to get that from people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really bothers me the first time I heard about these they were free, even called at the time down to the experience and they said it was free if you brought your car.

Whatever happened to the arrangement the club had with LR experience that if we cleaned trails we could use them for a bit?

Not too far off a Jeep Jamboree or a Jeepers Jamboree cost.  Way more that can afford for some catered food and 3 hours of wheeling.  

Yeah, I mean I can grab some beef jerky and hit the trail for free.... :)

Archived