Unofficial Death Valley 11/4-11/9, 2017

Greetings,

I’m going to be in Beatty NV, the night of 11/4 and plan on entering Death Valley via Titus Canyon early morning on Sunday 11/5. Wanting to “hit†racetrack, Lippincott, Steel Pass, etc over the next several days and exit the valley on the west side.

All geared up to do trip and my buddy decides to have a mid life crisis and backs out.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any interest in participating. Willing to alter my DV route to suit your needs or could be persuaded to do Mohave Road, instead, if there is interest.

No light beer drinkers.

Thx, Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Pics? Did you go? Love Death Valley. So much to explore and I have been there 6 times, literally adding up the nights a full month.

North end of the park is awesome. Scottys castle is still closed. Racetrack is a must see and bring a kettle to leave at teakettle junction. Down lipponcot which is wider now. Lots of washboards on Saline Valley road. Stop to see the remains of the trams. Check out the hot springs and wildlife (clothing optional). Steele pass isn't too hard with a lifted vehicle and sliders. I imagine going down is easier than up, but I haven't been down. Eureka dunes is worth a good hike to the top.

Hit snow going over Donner Pass heading down to Tenopah, NV the first night. Realized the 400 miles/day is about the longest I want to drive in my Classic before I upgrade the suspension.

Did Titus Canyon the second day and camped at Stovepipe Wells my first night in DV. Next day did Teakettle Junction, Racetrack, Lippincott, and Saline Valley. A great day . Wanted to do Steel Pass the next day but didn’t want to backtrack several hours to where I was in Saline Valley the previous day. Will save for next time.

Next day did Badwater, artist loop, then headed over to do some off road trails by Zabriskie Point. Headed over to Dante’s View that evening and had to MacGyver back together my exhaust system. “Lost†five nuts and one manifold stud at the manifold/pipe connection. An hour under the Rover, burnt hand, and greasy body allowed me to continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived