Peninsula Drip-in-the-dirt, September 2017

Oktoberfest has begun... how could I possibly go without a DITD to match?

Plenty of good beers available all around us, but since we headed to Woodside last time, let's take it a little further south for September and hit up Stein's Beer Garden in Cupertino. [Map]

If you can swing it, even with the last-minute planning, hit that RSVP button in the NCLR Calendar!

gallery-01.jpg   gallery-04.jpg   

gallery-07.jpg   gallery-017.jpg

gallery-018.jpg

well, looks like the D90 won't be there tomorrow... parts flung everywhere in the cab, and interior bits still need putting back together. 

But, I'll have my green baseball cap on! 

Whaaaa?  Why parts...what project now?

Long story, but take away is that it's adventure no matter if truck is moving or not.

Because Land Rover. :) 

After the insulation, it's mostly electrical work.

i need to re-wire switches from to accessories - lights, aux fuel pump, electric rad fan, solenoid & winch, HAM, etc. 

Nothing too difficult, just laziness often gets in the way.  :rolleyes:

Good group last night (8 people) and the Stein's Beer Garden worked pretty well considering, well, South Bay on a Thursday night (apparently Thursday is the new Friday...) we didn't go inside since Don & Michele already had put in names for us to all sit outside but the weather and heaters worked out to enjoy the food and beer.

Until next month!

I live like 5 minutes away from that place. I've never been tho. I would have made it last night, but already had some football plans. If it was good enough to go back, I'll look forward to coming out with you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was pretty good, though they got a little stingy with the pretzels....

Only negative was the distance as it's pretty far south for a 'peninsula' gathering.  But that's why things move around.

Archived