Wrenching day - Walnut Grove - Sunday!

One last chance to get the Rover sorted before the Annual!

Meet at DHappel's shop in Walnut Grove for tech support (or at least moral support), tools, helping hands, or just to stand around drinking a frosty beverage while pointing at Rovers.

Start time 9AM-ish until everybody heads home.

Lift time is first come - first serve, though I know Cris has his eye on installing some heat shields.

PM me if you need directions...or just start asking around for that guy with all the Rovers once you get to town. Walnut Grove isn't that big. :P

One last chance to get the Rover sorted before the Annual!

Meet at DHappel's shop in Walnut Grove for tech support (or at least moral support), tools, helping hands, or just to stand around drinking a frosty beverage while pointing at Rovers.

Start time 9AM-ish until everybody heads home.

Lift time is first come - first serve, though I know Cris has his eye on installing some heat shields.

PM me if you need directions...or just start asking around for that guy with all the Rovers once you get to town. Walnut Grove isn't that big. :P

I'm heading down with my box of parts... looking for some electrical geniuses!

Will be the longest trip since my overhaul...

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Don, you have a crimper that can crimp a 2/0 cable?

I have a crimper that I smash with a sledgehammer... it works, but normal crimper may be more appropriate.

So, I don't smash my thumb or something. Lol.

Gotcha covered.

But book time on that job was only an hour according to the warranty pay-out!

(little joke for all the flat rate mechanics out there)

Having spent a couple long weekends installing the underdrive in Graeme's D1, I'd say we might be able to do it in a single long weekend now, but it's still a major job.  Besides, Graeme has neither a spare underdrive or a running RRC to install it in!  Unless he wants to install one in my spare RRC... ?

Wait, i thought that was why i had to get their Sat? Its being tested in my RRC...now that the steering is done.

This Saturday?  Ohhh.....I thought you were going to start last Saturday while I was on the Rubicon.   :)

Didn't you get the key I sent you?

Ah, and there my friend you are incorrect. With the Exploder and D2 gone, I fired her up last week. Removed the fence, drove down to the smog station, and she passed with flying colors!

Graeme

'removed the fence'

Love it!

But until I see it on the road, it remains a myth.  Better bring it up Sunday.  

Cutting we can do. Welding on aluminum...not so much.

If we have time maybe we'll get the forklift out and shoot some poser pics. :P

Nah to welding, flex test sounds like it's in order...

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

good morning, fellas.

looks like i will join the fun.

i had thought i was (mostly) issue free and wouldn't *need  a wrenching day. ha!

just yesterday my driver window just dropped (into the door) and doesn't come back up. joy!

motor working, glass is fine.

prob that little plastic do-hickey that rolls in the bottom bracket that broke. saw that a washer can work in its place.

i'll need some hands/tools to even figure out the problem and (hopefully) get it sorted. huge drag not to be able to  *park it anywhere other than my garage.

eta 12 -1pm ish

:-)

Archived