Preferred date for Gold Lakes weekend  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekend works best?

• July 14-15-16
    • July 21-22-23

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Gold Lakes OHV area has been on our list of places ‘to do’ for a while now.  We’ve been through the area on our Sierra Trek several times but haven’t made a dedicated trip there in years so for 2017 we remedied that.

Another great trip in the books, but as always I’m already looking forward to our next run!

Don,

Yes, it was a great trip.  Surprised that my very tired CV joints held up.  Amazing location and good company; can't get better than that.

Memorable quote:

Me:

"Er, guys, I think I need some help here, fairly quickly" -- as I teeter-tottered with a rear wheel high in the air, barely holding the vehicle with two feet on the brake pedal.

Response: Two people with their phones out taking pictures

Me:

"Er, when I said I needed help I didn't mean I needed you to take photos ... I can't hold this much longer ...."

Regards,

Graeme

I'm jealous. This sounds like a great trip! A trail report after you're done would be much appreciated -- I'm thinking about doing this trip solo or with friends (or NCRC that missed out) in the next few weeks. 

Jealous. I think I am heading there later this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bill, meet Chuck.  :)

Don,

Yes, it was a great trip.  Surprised that my very tired CV joints held up.  Amazing location and good company; can't get better than that.

Memorable quote:

Me:

"Er, guys, I think I need some help here, fairly quickly" -- as I teeter-tottered with a rear wheel high in the air, barely holding the vehicle with two feet on the brake pedal.

Response: Two people with their phones out taking pictures

Me:

"Er, when I said I needed help I didn't mean I needed you to take photos ... I can't hold this much longer ...."

Regards,

Graeme

Not to worry, had you rolled we'd have helped right the truck.

Shortly after we got pictures of course.

Archived