gauging interest - Gold Lakes weekend trip

Preferred date for Gold Lakes weekend  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which weekend works best?

• July 14-15-16
    • July 21-22-23

I should be able to make this trip as well, as long as you dont mind having me

You're only allowed to come if you bring the 101.  :)

We need a status update on that thing anyway!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am doing body work all weekend on it, I just bought corbeau seats for it today. I hope to get the engine and tranny installed soon. Brakes are all set...so soon it shall ride again

Hi Don,

I am in. Its been so long i am out on trails. Time for some adventure.

See you all.

Hey Anudeep!  Great to hear from you again.  Look forward to seeing you out there!

Let's get a head-count on this.  Looks like some people are dropping out.  I can still change to the later date if that works for more people now, but I need to make the change soon for planning purposes.

Right now I have:

Don and Michele

Anudeep

Drew

Who else is in?  Who could be in if we push it back a week?

I can't go in July, but I just might head up there this coming thursday June 29 and friday with a non Rover buddy.  That Snake lake trail looks awesome!  And tough.   Actually looking for any fun roads and camping within 3-4 hours from Oakland.  Fresno Dome area is another possibility.  

Snake Lake is short but it has one particular hill that's a challenge.  The normal route is counter clockwise and that has you going down the hill dropping to the shore of the lake.  There's one tight squeeze with a shelf, but the biggest challenge going down is the loose rock sliding under you.  You can find yourself riding a mini-landslide with no control until you fetch up against a bigger rock.  I almost got a dented door in the LR3 the first time I ran it because of that - luckily the sliders stuck out far enough to catch me before any body contact.

Let's get a head-count on this.  Looks like some people are dropping out.  I can still change to the later date if that works for more people now, but I need to make the change soon for planning purposes.

Right now I have:

Don and Michele

Anudeep

Drew

Who else is in?  Who could be in if we push it back a week?

Still trying to get a head-count.  With the people we've had drop out, do I need to push this back to the following week?  I'd like to make that call as soon as possible so chime in.

People who've expressed interest:

Jason - out

Cris - out (in for later weekend?)

Chuck - out (in for later weekend?)

Graeme - ??

Gurka - ??

Greg - ??

Chad - ??

Bill - ??

Mike - ??

Nick - only in if kids are coming

Drew - in

Don and Michele - in

Anudeep - in

Matt - in (?)

Sorry, Don.

Last minute family thing came up that I can't skip.

I won't be avail the following weekend bc of SF marathon. Unless my injury bars me from running.

Of course, his totally bites bc the truck and the new block wants to roam the open prairie... but been sitting in driveway instead.

I'm not sure, it would be a last minute decision... thinking about not pushing it and making sure I can make part of the Sierra trip.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

The plan would be the same for either weekend.

Roll in Friday as early as possible based on work schedules.  I'd likely take the day off so I would get there early afternoon.  This would give a better chance of securing some of the better spots along the lake.  It's a popular area so the earlier we arrive the better on that front.

Saturday I'm planning to run Snake Lake trail and hope at least one other wants to go with me.  It's a moderate to difficult short trail so I may add in some extra mileage as well.  No need for an early departure since it's short, so say leave at 9:00AM.  Depending on who's present, I'd like to see somebody else lead a milder run, perhaps up to Deer Lake.  There are also a variety of other small lakes in the area that are accessible by Rover or foot if somebody wants to explore or hike, and of course our camp is at Gold Lake if somebody just wants to hang out and play in the water with the kids/etc.

Sunday Morning I'd like to get an early start and head out south via trails down to the Sierra Buttes fire lookout.  Moderate to easy trails and a spectacular view.  From there exit down the shelf road to Sierra City on highway 49 then on home.

I'm probably a "no" for the earlier weekend, and definitely a "no" for the later weekend (but I'll be close by at Bucks Lake doing some camping with family friends). So don't change anything on my account. 

Hey Don,

Im interested in running Snake Lake trail with you. Not sure if I can camp out but would be willing to drive out there early morning, run the trail with you and then boogey home after the trail or whenever everyone calls it a day and start relaxing.

Yes, I still have it down for the earlier weekend as planned.  I'm going to head up Friday, leaving home around 10-12 ish so I can get there a little earlier in hopes of securing some better spots by the lake.  It's a popular campground so the earlier the better.

I'll have my radio on 146.460 and my cell on as well.  I don't know if there are any good repeaters in the area as I'm a HAM in name only  ;)

Don so my and the kids...SANS wife are a lock in...going to gt Disco Bear all spiffy for the last ride in the current config. Probably wont head out until 2pmish...keep me posted, anyone wanting to caravan let me know... I can leave later but not earlier...

Im out, My Monday morning disaster did a lot more damage than I expected. Got my new hoses and fan assembly coming in Friday but won't have time to work on it until Friday night and Saturday. I really want to run that trail, here nothing but good things about it.

Every year my other club runs the kids to Camp Negedley, unfortunately this year they canceled because of conditions so it would've been great to make it up with you guys.

Archived