Wrenching day, Sat 25th

That's the tool we used.  And yes, it did light the car on fire multiple times.  It took most of an evening to tear down the t-case to replace the intermediate gear, then most of the morning to get the unit installed and the drive train reconnected.   The rest of the afternoon an part of the evening to get the shifter sorted out and connected and put the interior back together.  And about a full day to get the sheet metal work for the underdrive completed.  All in all about two full days of work.  I have pictures somewhere

still no truck... so, likely won't make this one. 

Bummer.  

You could still come out and tend to the fire.  I have a 20' long pile of brush/limbs/stuff I'm going to light up first thing in the morning.  Hoping today's all-day rain won't make it impossible to burn.

Think I'll go pick up some diesel just to make sure it burns.  :)

BTW, what time do those of you who want to use the lift think you'll arrive?  I know Chad is coming out early so we can attack a munched-up diff drain and he's relatively close so I expect he'll be here first.  Jared, you have further to drive so I'm betting he'll get here before you but his job shouldn't take too long so we can get RedRover up in the air too.

BTW, what time do those of you who want to use the lift think you'll arrive?  I know Chad is coming out early so we can attack a munched-up diff drain and he's relatively close so I expect he'll be here first.  Jared, you have further to drive so I'm betting he'll get here before you but his job shouldn't take too long so we can get RedRover up in the air too.

but his job shouldn't take too long... hahaha. Now youv done it.

Another wrenching day in the bag - all projects seem to have reached a successful outcome.

Too bad more of you couldn't make it up - you missed out on this:

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/zelatore/96%20Disco/IMG_20170325_110412700_HDR_zpsnlaenxtk.jpg

Another wrenching day in the bag - all projects seem to have reached a successful outcome.

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz85/zelatore/96%20Disco/IMG_20170325_110412700_HDR_zpsnlaenxtk.jpg

Don,

So, Chad bought that Discovery, you cut the roof off, welded up a cage, and did a respray, threw on a few bead-locks and new tires then finished with this?  And you didn't think you could get an under-drive done in a day?!!!!!  Hold on .... I smell a rat .... that's a D1 and Lutzi was selling a D2 ....

Graeme

Don,

So, Chad bought that Discovery, you cut the roof off, welded up a cage, and did a respray, threw on a few bead-locks and new tires then finished with this? .....

We're very productive workers, Graeme, and we couldn't have finished the lockers on it without Roverware's magnetic drain plugs. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Don,

So, Chad bought that Discovery, you cut the roof off, welded up a cage, and did a respray, threw on a few bead-locks and new tires then finished with this?  And you didn't think you could get an under-drive done in a day?!!!!!  Hold on .... I smell a rat .... that's a D1 and Lutzi was selling a D2 ....

Graeme

Well obviously we bobbed the rear as well.  I mean, we were here most of the day. 

Pictures only scratch the surface. The hardware on this truck is insane.

Thanks Don for hosting another great Wrenching Day. I got the diff oil replaced and an oil change... also found the source of the swishing sound while moving (I'll get that muffler heat shield to stay in place once and for all...tomorrow.)

We regreased the driveshaft fittings and after all of that I think RedRover is Baja-ready!

Is that the truck that a guy in Texas was selling about a month ago? I saw the ad and I felt compelled  to tell him what a nice conversion he'd created so I sent an email!  he responded and told me a guy from North Carolina had purchased. 

Someone in the club must have an ear to ear smile ;) with a nice find like that. 

Not Texas, Vegas.  It came up on craigslist a few weeks ago and I made a deal, flew out, and drove it back.  Then I spent a week biting my tongue trying not to tell anybody so it would be a surprise.

There was a similarly chopped green D1 on Ebay in the last couple weeks for sale in NC, but it wasn't nearly as built as this one.  Probably a little 'nicer' for a beach cruiser but nothing close as a crawler.

It'll officially get it's first NCLR dirt next saturday at the MORG so come on out! 

Archived