Wrenching day, Sat 25th

Once more we gather to admire the amazing power of hydraulics to lift our rigs into the air!

I know we have a couple of oil changes and a few other odds and ends to take care of, so come on out to 'ol Don's Delta Rover house and get your rig ready for Baja or Death Valley or just stop by and BS with everybody.

Walnut Grove - PM me if you need the address.

Start time - when you get here.

End time - when you leave.

Plus, I should have lots of new goodies to show off   :)  It's time to stop pretending the LR3 is a rock crawler and actually do it right for once!

RedRover will be there or be just as square and boxy as ever.  I have an oil change and general Baja pre-flight check to do.  I'll also bring a fold-out chair with a beer cozy and make comments on how well everyone is doing on their projects (I think it's called "moral support" or so I've read)

baja or bust...   :redrrc:

After the news from Sac re the OHV program, we may all need to embrace Baja. I assume entire swivel rebuilds will take up too much time, yes :) ?

I suppose you can bring a cot and camp out over-night...  

If I get my truck back by then, I'll be there.

Either run wires for winch control, radio, switches for lighting.

Or build a platform for the fridge.

Or, if I don't have truck back by then, my Baja trip might be at risk. :(

But ill help Red Rover with oil change.

I'm coming. I have three things to do, not sure which I will do first or how far I'll get with each:

1. Diagnose my "shudder" and see if I have a bent output flange or something on my front drive shaft - also figure out pinion angles if I can and see what I can do to adjust em.

2. Work on my "washer bottle" project to make my windshield washers have a place to store washer fluid.

3. Possibly start cutting and installing my new fender flares, to give me more articulation. Do you have cutting wheel and/or ability to cut into a steel bumper? There is some major trimming I may need to do.

I can bring an air compressor and cutting tools if needed.

I'm coming. I have three things to do, not sure which I will do first or how far I'll get with each:

1. Diagnose my "shudder" and see if I have a bent output flange or something on my front drive shaft - also figure out pinion angles if I can and see what I can do to adjust em.

2. Work on my "washer bottle" project to make my windshield washers have a place to store washer fluid.

3. Possibly start cutting and installing my new fender flares, to give me more articulation. Do you have cutting wheel and/or ability to cut into a steel bumper? There is some major trimming I may need to do.

I can bring an air compressor and cutting tools if needed.

You going up to 35s??

I've got cutting wheels, grinders, sawzall, body saw, you name it.  And a 60 gallon compressor all plumbed and ready to go.

I was thinking start time about 9, but I can do earlier if somebody wants.  

Mebbe some day. But for now I just want more clearance for my 33's -- I get a bit of stuffing occasionally - and the next set I buy will be something bigger methinks.

39" Pit Bull Rockers.  Do it.

I'd say go 40s, but I don't want to be ridiculous.  

Don, if you think we can tackle welding nuts on the diff plugs I'd love to swing by in the morning. I can't stick around toooooo long but I can probably BS and help a few people out as well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Chad,

Why?

Graeme

They are completely obliterated, I can't get any type of tool on there to remove them and I would like to do a fluid change. Along those lines, I was going to PM you tonight about getting new drain plugs - have you any that you could throw in the mail tomorrow? If so, I'll send payment tonight.

We can break out the welder and give 'er a go.  

I'll be available any time people want to start coming out.  Say 8:00 - on?  I know some of you have a longer drive than others so don't feel like you have to be here at 8 sharp.  Though lift-time is first come, first served.

They are completely obliterated, I can't get any type of tool on there to remove them and I would like to do a fluid change. Along those lines, I was going to PM you tonight about getting new drain plugs - have you any that you could throw in the mail tomorrow? If so, I'll send payment tonight.

Chad,

http://www.roverware.us/magnetic-differential-filler-and-drain-plug/

Regards,

Graeme

Don,

Katrina needs an under-drive installed.  If we get there at 4:00am do we get the lift all day?

Graeme

the body work will likely take more than a day.  I know it did for me.  although  I had to figure it all out.  Yours may go faster if you're copying what I did.  

Archived