NCLR 2017 trip calender?

Nothing concrete other than the Annual and White Rock/Sierra trip.  I'm thinking I may try to run a parallel trip to Chris' Sierra trip that would be a bit more adventurous/more trail time which would free him up to have a more relaxed family-oriented trip with a couple days in camp instead of being on the trail so much.  Of course, that's just an idea at this point and I haven't actually sat down with a map and planned it out.  I'm way behind on such things.

I'm also planning to do a snow run for the Feb MORG, but need to decide on the actual destination.  There's a thread working on that currently but I need to nail it down in the next few days.

• 1 month later...

White Rock is our annual August meteor shower trip.  Chris started this a few years ago and it's been very popular.  Generally we do it in two stages; one for the guys who want to do more of an 'overland' style run (the Sierra Trek portion) where we leave the week before and one for the guys who can only make it in for the weekend (WRL portion)

Since it's Chris' baby I won't speak for him regarding specifics but it's evolved a bit over the years.  Last year on the Sierra Trek instead of moving to a different camp each night we stayed base camped for a couple nights between moves.  This let the family guys take the kids and go play in a lake while the guys more interested in wheeling (me) got to go off and do some tougher trails.  As always, we ended up at White Rock Lake where the weekenders came in to join us.  I think Chris plans to do the Sierra Trek in this style again as it worked well.

I'll look up some of the old threads and post links shortly.

BTW, I'm just waiting for the snow to clear in the Sierras then we'll be doing the Rubicon again.  We may do multiple groups depending on interest; maybe a 'Rubicon for Begineers' run and a run for more experienced guys.  But hard to say when until the weather breaks.

Also planning to run Deer Valley and Slickrock once they open as well, possibly as a 3-day/2-night back-to-back run starting at the northern entrance to Deer Valley off highway 88 and ending up at highway 4 after leaving Slickrock.  Again, still to early to make solid plans.  The Slickrock portion of this run is a good 'intro to rock crawling' sort of trail - tough enough to be a challenge but do-able by anybody with basic mods.  Deer Valley is longer and tougher but still easier than the Rubicon.

I need you guys to help chime in with what you'd like in the way of more moderate camping type trips and maybe jump in and lead a few if you can.  I'm slammed into May and other than MORGs and DV don't think I have time to fit in much else right away.

Don, Ivan from Baja Land asked if he could join one of the NCLR trips this year and I think the Rubi would be a good experience for him. he has a RRC which he plans on trailering up to the trail head. I was thinking some time in late August/early September, small group (4/5 rigs)

This is exciting! Everything sounds awesome.

I think once I become more exp with trails, id like to help

Out leading some trips. I'm a big "camping" person so I could do more base camp style trips. But like I said, once I'm more comfortable leading. I still have a lot to learn

Don, Ivan from Baja Land asked if he could join one of the NCLR trips this year and I think the Rubi would be a good experience for him. he has a RRC which he plans on trailering up to the trail head. I was thinking some time in late August/early September, small group (4/5 rigs)

I think we can accommodate that.  I expect the trail won't open until late June at the earliest given our snow levels this year, but Aug/Sept will certainly be open.  :)

And crowded.  :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hola Amigos/Amigas! Long time no post.

Anyone up for mid-week Lost Cost run.  I want to keep it

Thinking last week of April.  With all the rain, it will be fun for sure.  :)

Ron

USAL Road is still under seasonal closure. You can get to the beach, just make sure you stick to high ground.

Be sure to read the entire comment for the post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSbq_cfla8I/?taken-by=mademan925

That's what I am thinking just to the beach, but will also check with the ranger ahead. 

Yeah, crazy stuff w/high tides. 

How's the leg Brenton?  Ready for 2017 Adventures?

Leg is doing ok. I was at Connor's yesterday doing some winch training in his yard. According to my iPhone I walked, well more like hobbled around, for .7 miles. Today I'm exhausted (thankfully not too sore) and stayed on the couch for the most part. I'm ready for adventures, just not sure when I'll be ready for them on the trail.

USAL Road is still under seasonal closure. You can get to the beach, just make sure you stick to high ground.

Be sure to read the entire comment for the post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSbq_cfla8I/?taken-by=mademan925

Wow that's crazy! The full post was interesting especially about the other guy who's been camping there every year for 15 years and he's never seen anything like that.

Anyone up for mid-week Lost Cost run. I want to keep it

Thinking last week of April. With all the rain, it will be fun for sure. :)

Ron

Ah I'd love to go!! April is when this trip should happen, but with that Instagram story, its sounds crazy!

Also the MoM is at mexxis on the 29th.

Joe is planning one of his secret summer adventures. Think he's trying to go from tahoe to mt Lassen off road only... .

I'd be interested to hear how that goes! Maybe one of you can record the route via Gia and do a club trip at another time?

Anyone up for mid-week Lost Cost run.  I want to keep it

Thinking last week of April.  With all the rain, it will be fun for sure.  :)

Ron

I'd love to go, but last week of April is kinda tough... that's like in less than 10 days.

I'm totally up if this is early May. Plus, that'll have me couple weeks to break in the new engine.

Gee let's see, a guy sets up camp next to the ocean w/o understanding how tides work?  I know I'm a bit biased being a boater and all but I'd think anybody who lives near a coast would at least have a basic understanding of the twice-a-day cycle.   :o

Ron,

I am always about a lost coast run! depends on time off this month.

I'd love to go, but last week of April is kinda tough... that's like in less than 10 days.

I just realized end of April is upon us.  May sounds like a plan.  Let's discuss during MoM.

Archived