January MORG

And this is at Carnegie yes?

Yes.

Sorry guys I'm out for this one. Apparently I am going to visit my brother before they have kiddo #2

Seems overrated to me.  I mean, lots of people have kids but how many have Rovers?

I'll be driving up from South Bay,

Anyone else in area want to caravan to Carnegie?

Nick, Jared, Erin, Alyson?

I will. Alyson will be riding with me since her truck will be fixed after the MORG.  We should leave around 8:30-8:45.  Chevron?

I'm in. What Chevron?

Nick,

Cris and I are both in San Jose, so we meet at the Chevron station on Newhall across from the airport.  You are more than welcome to meet us there, but not sure if it will be out of your way.

-Erin

Chevron @ 8:30 sounds good. 

Nick, since you're in MTV, you'll prob head over to 880 via 237?

If so, maybe you can wait for us at the 76 gas station on Calaveras & S. Abbotts - it's right at the 880N on-ramp.

I'm thinking we can call or radio ahead when we're a mile or so out, you'll on-ramp and we'll just catch up to you on 880N?

I think that would work, right?

Here is the 76 gas station: https://goo.gl/maps/R7VF8nBVTYA2

I was a little worried that we may not have much turn-out for this but it looks like we'll have a few folks on-hand.  Come ready for weather as there's an 80-90% chance on Saturday with temps around 50.

I suppose he can, but there won't be much for him to do there.  It's really a bike park with a small 4x4 obstacle course.  And we won't be doing much wheeling; maybe a little play on the obstacles but mostly it's just a recovery class.

I'd like to join the 8:30am meet-up and caravan out to the park too.

I have done one class out at Hollister, which was great fun and very useful, but devoid of any other Land Rovers.  I am keen to make my first club meeting, meet the members and increase my limited knowledge.

I'd like to join the 8:30am meet-up and caravan out to the park too.

I have done one class out at Hollister, which was great fun and very useful, but devoid of any other Land Rovers.  I am keen to make my first club meeting, meet the members and increase my limited knowledge.

Sounds good.  See you at the Newhall Chevron at 8:30 am.  What will you be driving so we know what to look for?  Cris is in a D90 and I'll be in my D4. 

@Rally1 great to have you caravan with us!

Here is google map of Chevron Erin mentioned: https://goo.gl/maps/kPuXJsTFNJN2

Bring your rain jackets and rubber ducky boots... The bay area is forecasted to get around 12+ inches of rain from Friday night through the weekend. 

@DHappel - is there contingency plan for severe weather delay? 

@Rally1 great to have you caravan with us!

Here is google map of Chevron Erin mentioned: https://goo.gl/maps/kPuXJsTFNJN2

Bring your rain jackets and rubber ducky boots... The bay area is forecasted to get around 12+ inches of rain from Friday night through the weekend. 

@DHappel - is there contingency plan for severe weather delay? 

The contingency plan was to bail and go directly to Altamont Beer Works.

I must admit this thought has been going through my head recently as I contemplate the forecast.  

I think somebody mentioned they have an easy-up they could bring.  Probably a good idea.

The radio has been giving dire warnings.  Michele was just on the phone with Sacramento water district to set up a training for them in 2 weeks and they said the only worry was if they'd still be recovering from this weekend's storm.

This all sounds pretty ominous.

On the other hand the last time I looked at the forecast it only called for .25" in Livermore on Saturday.  Perhaps I'd better look at it again...

OK, I say we're still a GO on Carnegie for tomorrow.

Weather Channel says it will start raining late tonight and be pretty steady until morning.  At 10:00 AM Saturday - when we start - they only show 25% chance with partly cloudy skies and 54*.  11:00 is pretty much the same, then the chance of rain increases but we should be about ready to head over to Altamont Beer Works by then anyway for lunch and beverages.

Still may be a good idea to bring the easy-up if we can (forget who that was - Erin?)

I'll have my radio on 146.460 and my cell 510.825.5056 for anybody coming.  Again, there isn't a lot to do here for wheeling, this will be a recovery seminar/demo.  Maybe somebody can get properly stuck in the mud to add to the realism.  :)

The rain held out yesterday, so everyone went home with only muddy shoes and trucks. 

Fun recovery class yesterday. Don & Colin did a great job going through the recovery gears and demonstrated when & how to use them (winch, soft shackle, bow shackle, snatch block, diff between tow and snatch strap) on Colin's Classic.

Remember kids, make sure you're in a forward gear when winching up an incline! ;)

After that, everyone drove around in the mud... then went over the Altamont Beer Works. 

Attached are a few pix from yesterday. 

post-999-0-96737700-1483906061_thumb.jpg

post-999-0-28541500-1483906137_thumb.jpg

post-999-0-79615500-1483906186_thumb.jpg

post-999-0-03331300-1483906198_thumb.jpg

post-999-0-43664900-1483907236_thumb.jpg

post-999-0-04447400-1483907463_thumb.jpg

Archived