January MORG

The first Saturday in January falls on the 7th.  Given the time of year we usually see low turnout for the December and January events so I'm putting a feeler out there - how many are up for it?

We're thinking of mixing it up a little and doing half a day of recovery training at Carnegie then heading over to Altamont Beer Works (who provided the kegs for the Annual) for a late lunch / BS'ing.  Carnegie only has a small area for 4x4, but It's about 20 minutes from there to ABW.  The next closest park is Frank Raines, also in the east bay, but an hour plus drive to Altamont Beer Works.

Should the weather be bad, we can just meet at Altamont Beer Works and Chris will do a First Aid/Medical training.

If we have some interest I'll put it on the calendar.  Chime in and let me know what you think.

Carnegie SVRA

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1172

Frank Raines OHV park

http://www.stancounty.com/parks/off-road-park.shtm

Altamont Beer Works

http://altamontbeerworks.com/1/

Tyler and I would like to make it. But I need my Rover fixed first.

Well if you'd stop globe-trotting and stay home you could fix that thing!

Or better yet, you could find somebody who would be willing to fix it for you in exchange for say...tuition.  

Ah, if he can mill through an aluminum wheel he'd cut that woody down in no time.

If Tyler really wanted to take up machining you should have just bought him a second-hand lathe to practice with.  Cheaper in the long run.  :)

I'm new to the club and to San Francisco (moved in Sept). Looks like I'm free that weekend and would love to try and join you all. Caveat I've never been to any of these places so looking forward to it.

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham and welcome!

We're happy to have you join us for, though this may not be the most exciting MORG.  Normally we get together and spend the day wheeling but this time we're going to do some recovery training for a couple hours before heading over to one of our club sponsors, Altamont Beer Works, for some general sitting around and talking about Rovers etc.  Carnegie SVRA is 99% a dirt bike park with a small 4x4 obstacle course so we don't normally go there but it's the most convenient location for this event.

Keep an eye on the forums and you'll see we have a pretty active schedule.  Next week several of us are leaving for the Mojave Road.  And we've already got week-long trips planned to Baja and 2x Death Valley for this spring.  

I haven't planned the February MORG yet but I'm thinking we'll either head up to the Sierras for a day of playing in the snow or we'll go back to Frank Raines park near (ish) to Patterson, CA.  We can only access FR during the winter/spring so we try to go there when we can.

Look forward to meeting you and getting out on the trail.  BTW, you still running a corn binder?

• 2 weeks later...

Standard 10:00 AM meeting at the park.  There's not a lot of 4x4 area there but we're mainly just going to do some recovery demo/training then we'll head over to ABW.  Maps in the links in the first post.

I don't know if there is cell service at the park (I think yes but unsure).  I'll have my cell on (510.825.5056) and I'll have my radio on 146.460 for anybody who's looking for us.

Standard 10:00 AM meeting at the park. There's not a lot of 4x4 area there but we're mainly just going to do some recovery demo/training then we'll head over to ABW. Maps in the links in the first post.

I don't know if there is cell service at the park (I think yes but unsure). I'll have my cell on (510.825.5056) and I'll have my radio on 146.460 for anybody who's looking for us.

I don't recall any cell service for Verizon there.

There wouldn't be much for kids to do on this MORG, right? Trying to decide whether or not to bring them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Archived