Ron and I are leading another trip to Baja. Specific trip details have not been worked out yet but we hope to find another challenging destination such as the one we did earlier this year (Mision Santa Maria).

This trip will be limited to eight rigs

This is a family trip, as Ron's kids (14 & 11) and my daughter (11) are going. Not recommended for very young kids as many hours of the day are spent in the trucks traversing quite a lot of miles.

The idea is to hit some nice spots like the wine region again, do a difficult trail and then head for the beach! All while enjoying the hospitality and good eats of Baja.

NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS HAS BEEN REACHED.

So far we have the following people attending:

DiscoChef (Enrique)

CT110 (Ron Boston)

DCProven (David Provencio)

Ksuttle (Kevin Suttle, yes, he came out of retirement )

RedRover aka Jared

Lithium1330 aka Chris

Luismi aka "Maniatico" for driving from Honduras in his diesel 110 to do Baja 2017 and flying from Spain to do Baja 2016!!!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd love to go but those days won't work for me. Any flexibility or are those firm?

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk

Would be cool if you could make it Chad. Unfortunately, it's the only chunk of time that works for me.

Had an awesome trip last year, but the dates are a week before my kids spring break. I am planning a trip back to Death Valley the 8th to the 15th. Don't think we will be able to make it this year. Have fun! Bebe muchas cervezas!

• 4 weeks later...

Hola Amigos, Amigas, Ninos and Ninas!

Time to plan for our Baja 2017 Trip!

Enrique and I will be hosting a trip planning dinner on the wknd of Feb 4/5 (date/time TBD).  Ideally max of 6 vehicles to make it more manageable (we can have more but TBD).

Will be making and sharing some tacos :) and serving cold Pacificos and Jarritos (which is a Mexican soda brand) to get us all in the mode during the planning session.  You are more than welcome to contribute and bring your own dish/drinks to share.

We will cover (more details will be covered during our planning session):

- Trip dates, where we're going, stopping, and return to the USA

- Logistics, routes, total miles, gas stops, etc...

- Essentials for border crossing: valid passports, Mexican auto insurance, when to exchange US dollars to pesos, etc...

- Off-Road essentials: extra fuel can, drinking water, recovery gear, tools, etc...

- Other essentials: first aid kit, water shoes

- Driving in Mexico - Do's and Don't

- Returning to the USA - Do's and Don't

Will to try cover all these in 2 hours including Q&A

Can we get a count on who can attend this planning session (both attendees who can go to Baja or on the fence still are welcome)?

Can we get a count on who can't attend this planning session due to conflicting sched but are planning to go to Baja?

Any questions at this time?

Ron

post-410-0-21659400-1484748175_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-32122400-1484748197_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-77419000-1484748253_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-62223100-1484748287_thumb.jpg

I have no plans to go up north in the next couple of weeks or so, but since you have my phone#, feel free to call me if you need my input on anything.

This year I am bringing Alicia with me, and I think I am up to speed on everything else (I even got a jerry can this time)

Que aproveche!!!!

Can we get a count on who can't attend this planning session due to conflicting sched but are planning to go to Baja?

Hi Ron;

I should be able to attend a planning session on the evening of 4-Feb.

Archived