Carnegie SVRA Petition & OHMVR Commission meeting 10/21

Hey folks.  CORVA will be attending a meeting with the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Commission where the commission will consider approval of the Carnegie SVRA Draft General Plan for expansion.  The expansion plan will open up Carnegie to motor vehicles.  The meeting is this Friday, October 21 at 10am at Sacramento City Hall.  If you're not able to attend, please sign this online petition so CORVA can bring our signatures to the meeting to show our support. http://www.corva.org/Petition

We've worked very hard to get this far with Carnegie and it's not over yet.  Please sign the petition and share the link with your friends.

Alyson

I like how the anti-OHV people want to protect the 'historic' old coal mine.  Because the Sierra Club is so pro-coal.

Also note the name of the 'Save Tesla Park' leader - Garamendi.  Yeah...sister of my congressman.  Even if he hasn't taken a stance on this (it's outside his district) you can bet she's banking that name hard.  

For that matter, what is 'Tesla Park'?  Their is and never was a 'tesla park' - there was just the land the state originally bought to be part of the OHV park back 20+ years ago.  Now the anti-OHV people have given it a name that makes it sound like we're trying to take something away when in fact it was ours (OHV) to begin with.  At least that's the way I understand it.

Still, it's a win.   7-0 in favor!  But like Chad said, you can expect the Sierra Clubies to reach into their deep deep pockets and start the law suites any minute now.

What bothers me the most is the lack of balance. If we already had a dozen ohv parks in the Bay Area, it would be different. But you have literally HUNDREDS of preserves, parks, etc throughout the Bay and almost nothing for OHV. That's a large part of why Carnegie is so badly abused- there's just not enough space for the demand. Not to mention, it's not even very scenic - plain hills with a few trees. The Tesla Park folks act like we're desecrating Big Sur or Yosemite or something.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk

We should avoid using the therm 'tesla park'.  There is no tesla park, it's just something they made up to make it sound nicer than it is.  

Politics 101.  Just say something loud/often enough and it will be perceived as true.

Archived