Hudner Ranch Closed for Rehab until further notice.

For anyone planning on playing at Hollister anytime soon, please note that Hudner Ranch is closed until further notice for rehab due to off-trail 4 x 4 damage to property. 

https://www.facebook.com/hollisterhillssvra/?fref=nf

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1054954234566887.1073741834.131036720291981&type=3

-Erin

Want some fun reading?  Check out the comments section.  You would expect people to be upset that somebody broke the rules and got the place closed down for everybody but instead you have a bunch of people complaining about tree huggers, the government in general and Parks in particular, and CA over-all.  No 'we did this to ourselves', instead 'that's not real damage - we should be able to go anywhere we want!'

Nice.

What do you think, were they Jeep drivers or Toyota drivers?  ;)

I'm blissfully Facebook-free so I can't see the comments, but regardless of one's stance on whether or not it was "real damage", it's HORRIBLE timing given the current fight at Carnegie and the ability of a park to control unplanned damage. What a shame. I don't understand why people can't follow the rules so everyone can enjoy. 

I'm blissfully Facebook-free so I can't see the comments, but regardless of one's stance on whether or not it was "real damage", it's HORRIBLE timing given the current fight at Carnegie and the ability of a park to control unplanned damage. What a shame. I don't understand why people can't follow the rules so everyone can enjoy. 

I couldn't find a post about it on the OHV.gov webpage other than it listed as closed without any other explanation or I would have posted it.  Seems they do a lot of communication via Facebook.

I couldn't find a post about it on the OHV.gov webpage other than it listed as closed without any other explanation or I would have posted it.  Seems they do a lot of communication via Facebook.

It always upsets me when companies or organizations use Facebook as a primary means of communications.  It's fine for short one line day to day updates but put the real info someplace where people can actually see it and get some details.

• 2 weeks later...

It always upsets me when companies or organizations use Facebook as a primary means of communications.  It's fine for short one line day to day updates but put the real info someplace where people can actually see it and get some details.

Problem is that company communications advice seems to have now been completly taken over by some spotty teenage Herbert who thinks that social media is the only way that anyone should be talking anymore, and everyone else lives in caves!

Personally I avoid Facebook like the plague - I value my privacy too much! ( and this is coming from an IT professional)

• 2 months later...

Archived