What Did You Do With Your Rover Today?

AdvRovr

I swapped out my panhard bushings. I was hoping they would have been more thrashed than they were. Trying to cut down or eliminate my wobble at around 35 mph. Knuckle ball joints are next on the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah those don't look terrible. I hate the wobbles. I need to pony over the cash and get corrected front radius arms for Snowflake... then I'll have a few more corrections to make and it should finally it should be all back in line.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Swapped out my destroyed stock motor mounts for some Blacklisted Engineering ones. The stock motor mounts won’t hold up to the abuse of offroading. I had another set do the same thing in my old D2. These new ones should last the life of the vehicle. 5a5547dd8b140fcd6319b80940e00ead.jpgab13457da569674b3fccabb54b652f11.jpg1153f3c71a9a8ebc38b37ae65094e842.jpg0220db290b4ac3daffe06e38992daaba.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My Genuine tow jaws came in from the UK. Got ‘em mounted up

These are so cool. (I think the little land rover plate does the trick ;) )

If there are any $$ left over I may add them to the rear of the 110.

Got a new fog light switch (PRC3432)for the 110 off fleabay today.

My original switch had a cracked plastic handle.

Didn't expect this "New-old stock" to come corroded. :(

d65aa3e61bbe6abea28ed5d667a13b24.jpg

Some elbow grease, pencil eraser, and bristle brush and it is back to new.

c27baad86a99e78568c5bf9b4c1c0e63.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Couldn't just let the parts all sit over night on the To-Do bench... so the extended bump stops have been installed.'

It is a bit sad, but shame on me for not ensuring the truck had them when I bought it.... alas the passenger front fender is now far more - ... not flat.

Hopefully this will save Snowflake's fenders from further carnage....

IMG_20200612_201441.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Many moons ago the Dusy Ershim trail did a number on my QT rear diff guard and fatigued the upper bracket to failure.

3959cc475cc29bedc94878422af78521.jpg

9cf8c6e6fa4e1ab0a1ef8abfde826e78.jpg

After a few minutes with the wand of healing all was well.

5a8bafae69b56d10477e2254017beed4.jpg

Not the prettiest, but Snowflake isn't trying to win an beauty contests.

• 1 month later...

This past two weeks was a whirlwind of activity. 

Scott helped out by lending his small utility trailer and it was promptly filled with Rover parts, rover engines, and merc engines. - Up the hill it went.

There was probably at least two trailer loads of other random rover gear - Up the hill it went.

Probably 3 trailer loads to move the outdoor workshop/carport stuff - Up the hill it went.

Snowflake was loaded up with all the camping gear - Up the hill it went

Then came the big move... I had booked a 20ft U-haul and auto-hauler. Of course due to the fires all the 20ft trucks were booked. So a 26ft truck it was! (fun fact they are the same price).

Then comes the day to pick up the truck and lo and behold someone backed a truck into the last hauler.... great.

A scramble ensued. I thought of Don. Too far. Colin had a lead that led to sadness. Luckily Scott saved the day again by recommending his neighbor's trailer borrowed from the East San Jose mafia. :)

The 110 was winched onto the trailer (thanks Johann and Mario :) ) -  Up the hill it went.

Photos to follow.

Lastly we went back and cleaned out the rental, I found a couple rover suspension bolts, and found the cat.

546bbbc72b42b9aa69069ff256bcab26.jpg

Up the hill we went....

And stayed : )

Maybe we should do a DitD in Skyland? ;)

• 5 weeks later...
Had random alarm going off events - especially parked in the afternoon sun. A quick forum search suggested hood sensor micro switch is common failure - ordered one off amazon, 20 min install, and all looking good. Let’s hope that was where the issue was and it is fixed now.

Had random alarm going off events - especially parked in the afternoon sun. A quick forum search suggested hood sensor micro switch is common failure - ordered one off amazon, 20 min install, and all looking good. Let’s hope that was where the issue was and it is fixed now.

My son is saving up for a new mountain bike, and wanted to earn some $$.  He offered to wash, and clean the interior particularly the dash & center console on my 04 D2. 

Dirty from not being cleaned for years, and making a mess e.g. hot cocoa for the kids, and coffee for me using Jet Boil sitting on the cup holder.

While he was doing that, I decided to replace the worn out boot on the diff shifter with a home made one.

Walla almost looking new.  Now time to replace the boot on the parking brake.

post-410-0-08579800-1601852957_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-09737900-1601852963_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-37539200-1601852968_thumb.jpg

post-410-0-50598900-1601852974_thumb.jpg

Edited by LandRonB

My son is saving up for a new mountain bike, and wanted to earn some $$.  He offered to wash, and clean the interior particularly the dash & center console on my 04 D2. 

Dirty from not being cleaned for years, and making a mess e.g. hot cocoa for the kids, and coffee for me using Jet Boil sitting on the cup holder.

While he was doing that, I decided to replace the worn out boot on the diff shifter with a home made one.

Walla almost looking new.  Now time to replace the boot on the parking brake.

Well done! Those before and after pictures are pretty good. Your boy might need to open up a Land Rover detailing shop! ; )

The boot looks sharp too!

• 2 weeks later...

Repaired the busted up Ashcroft Air Locker. Was pretty easy and straightforward once I got the bolts off. Needed to Roberts Milwaukee impact to get them off. The Dewalt wasn’t cutting it.

0c999bfbe8e7672034db559dde987ace.jpg

cb0d07c83576da93482460c01f62c239.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Read codes on the classic today (already forgot what it was : ( ... )

LRDirect order came in with the extra alu wheel nuts. 

Even if 3/5 wasn't bad, I feel much more comfortable driving around with 5/5 lug nuts ; )