Carnegie SVRA at risk?

Rover Folks:

FYI: A jeep friend sent me the following note, apparently worried about Carnegie SVRA being endangered.

Some of you may live in the voting districts mentioned and have some direct voter influence.

Try this link for the "General Plan" that preserves 4x4 activity.

John M.

Carnegie General Plan
If you live in Assembly District 16 and/or Senate District 7, (and you should know this), please contact your Legislator(s) and let them know that you want them to support the Carnegie General Plan and EIR.  This needs to be done soon because it will help the OHMVR Commission to make a decision on the Plan. Legislative approval is very helpful for us.
Assembly District 16, (Alamo, Danville, Dublin, Lafayette, Livermore, Moraga, Orinda, Pleasanton, San Ramon, Walnut Creek), Assembly Member Catharine Baker: Phone 925-328-1515, email from her website, or walk-in at 2440 Camino Ramon, Suite 345 or maybe there is a local office near you.
 Currently Ms. Baker is being “pounded†by the “Save Tesla Park†people trying to get her to oppose the General Plan.  When contacting Ms. Baker’s office, identify yourself and give your address so that they know that you live and vote in her District. Please contact Assembly Member Baker and thank her for meeting with District Superintendent Randy Caldera concerning the Carnegie General Plan. Ask her to send a letter to State Parks/OHMVR Commission that supports the Carnegie General Plan and EIR.
Senate District 7, (Concord, Clayton Pittsburg, Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood, Bethel Island, Discovery Bay, Clayton, Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Orinda, Moraga, Alamo, Danville, San Ramon, Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore), Senator Steven Glazer: Phone 925-942-6082, email from his website, or walk-in at 1350 Treat Blvd., Suite 240 Walnut Creek or maybe there is a local office near you. I have met with his Senior Field Representative Shareen Ram. You can contact her, she is the staff person that is dealing with Carnegie. Her email is SHAREEN.RAM@SEN.CA.GOV
Currently Senator Glazer is being “pounded by the “Save Tesla Park†people trying to get him to oppose the General Plan.  Senator Glazer needs to know that there are many voters in his District that support the General Plan. When contacting Mr. Glazer’s office, identify yourself and give your address so that they know that you live and vote in his District. Please contact Senator Glazer and ask him to send a letter to State Parks/OHMVR Commission that supports the Carnegie General Plan and EIR.
If you want to personalize your request, you could add why you enjoy going to Carnegie SVRA, like the fact that it is so close to where you live. If you “ride†and you take your kids, the legislators always like to hear that.
A husband and wife can make individual contact, especially using separate phone numbers and/or email addressed. Just make sure that they each identify who they are and include their address. Ask your neighbors, friends, and co-workers that live in one or both of these two Districts to make the same contacts. They don’t have to be OHV recreationists, they just have to claim to support the Carnegie General Plan and be a constituent. The more support, the better. We have an opportunity to help get this Plan approved. If we don’t get involved, we can only blame ourselves. 
If you have any questions, email me at ole.s@comcast.net
To find your legislator: go to www.legislature.ca.gov/, Click on “Districts†on left side, Click on “Search by Addressâ€, Type in your address, Click on your representative, Click on “Contact†on top and go to email.

Thanks for the reminder to all.

Just an fyi, The existing Carnegie isn't at risk, its the new expansion which was slated to include some 3000 acres of 4wd trails. Currently Carnegie has no 4wd trails, just one small play area.

No one wanted "Tesla Park" (a fake name made up to oppose Carnegie) until Carnegie announced intention to expand. The fight is less about saving anything and more about opposing OHVs.

Thanks for posting this John. I received that email yesterday as well, but didn't have a chance to post it last night as I was getting ready for a trip to Carson City, NV. Greetings from Carson City!!

Ole and Sherry have spent A LOT of time (multiple years) fighting for this Carnegie issue, and they need all the help they can get!

• 1 month later...

***UPDATE: Bumping this thread with new time-sensitive information.

One of our NCLR Forum guests Justin (FlyBoy) sent across an email he received -- it is a Notice of Meeting from the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Commission (OHMVRC).  I've taken screenshots of the notice [available here direct], but the abridged version is that the OHMVRC is touring Carnegie SVRA on Thursday, February 4th at 9:00AM.  Public is welcome to attend (with requirements.)  Additionally (and perhaps more importantly) the OHMVRC is carrying a Commission Meeting on Friday, February 5th at 8:30AM in Tracy City Hall, City Council Chambers [Map].  

This is an opportunity (if you can make it) to present a reasoned commentary to the Commission on why you support 4x4/off-road recreational activities and more specifically, why you support the SVRA expansion.  You may also present these as written statements.

carnegie_pg1.png

carnegie_pg2.png

Nice that they are doing that during business hours on a weekday.  Almost like they don't want the public to show up...   That pesky public, always getting in the way of the government doing what's best for them.

***UPDATE: Bumping this thread with new time-sensitive information.

One of our NCLR Forum guests Justin (FlyBoy) sent across an email he received -- it is a Notice of Meeting from the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Commission (OHMVRC).  I've taken screenshots of the notice [available here direct], but the abridged version is that the OHMVRC is touring Carnegie SVRA on Thursday, February 4th at 9:00AM.  Public is welcome to attend (with requirements.)  Additionally (and perhaps more importantly) the OHMVRC is carrying a Commission Meeting on Friday, February 5th at 8:30AM in Tracy City Hall, City Council Chambers [Map].  

This is an opportunity (if you can make it) to present a reasoned commentary to the Commission on why you support 4x4/off-road recreational activities and more specifically, why you support the SVRA expansion.  You may also present these as written statements.

Have we seen the "Final Environmental Impact Report" or the "OHMVR Program Triennial Report Project Schedule"?

I've read a lot on this over the years, but those two titles are not ones I remember seeing.

Maybe it is in a locked filing cabinet in the basement somewhere, behind a door that says "beware of the leopard" on it .....  (and Don is excluded from guessing that one too!)

Regards,

Graeme

Actually, I didn't get the leopard.  You got me on that one.

Don,

Have you looked outside of your window recently (clue: yellow ...)

You should not have given away that book ....

" ...You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them had you? I mean like actually telling anyone or anything."

"But the plans were on display..."

"on display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a torch."

"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look you found the notice didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying "Beware of the Leopard."

Regards,

Graeme

For those who submitted letters, we received the following email from the Carnegie General Plan Team last month:  You can find the Individual Comments HERE.

Some very good and others completely embarrassing.

Carnegie SVRA General Plan Team – Project Update 

Hello everyone,

The Carnegie SVRA General Plan Team has posted the Proposed Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) to the project website – document library: 
http://carnegiegeneralplan.com/document-library
. This document contains the comment letters received on the Preliminary General Plan/Draft EIR last spring. It also contains the proposed responses to comments and proposed edits to the Preliminary General Plan/Draft EIR as a result of the comments.

The Carnegie SVRA General Plan team thanks all agencies, organizations and individuals that provided input.

Also, please see the website for 
a public notice for the February 4 – 5, 2016 OHMVR Commission Meeting
 to be held in Tracy, California. The Commission will receive a report on the Carnegie SVRA Proposed Final Environmental Impact Report. The public will have an opportunity to provide comment at the hearing and the Commission can provide feedback to the Carnegie SVRA General Plan team. A follow-up OHMVR Commission Meeting is expected to be scheduled for spring 2016 to consider approval of the Carnegie General Plan/Environmental Impact Report. That hearing will have its own thirty day public notice and the Draft General Plan/Final Environmental Impact Report will be available for review 30 days prior to the hearing date.

Thank you -

Carnegie SVRA General Plan Team

Archived