April Morg

Given that I can't go to Death Valley, I might be in... although Sunday might work better.

Hey Nicholas,

I hope to see you at the MORG - your RR is in my top 3 favorite LRs in the club! :)

Are you heading out on Saturday or Sunday?

-David

I am so bummed my dad had to go back to Boston last night, as he would have loved to experience a MORG. We did not make it out to Hollister Hills (too much rain), but I did take him to the Land Rover Experience driving school and let him drive a couple hours. I had a free lesson from when I bought my LR4 last year - finally cashed it in!

Hope to see you all on Saturday - I'm pretty sure I will be there (though not exactly sure for how long).

-David

I plan on being there for my first MORG!

Hi Jim,

It's lots of fun. I actually just stumbled upon the NCLR during my first time at Hollister Hills back in February. I did not even know the MORG was going on and came across about a dozen Land Rovers and said wow. Haha!

Hope to meet you!

-David

Hey Everyone,

I was so bummed to miss everyone at Hollister Hills today! I arrived late, around 11:30AM, and could not find any rovers anywhere. I spent a fair amount of time on a few trails, the other (more mild) obstacle course, and the day camp area. I took a bunch of cool photos, but could not find any NCLR folks anywhere! :-(

Next month I hope to be able to meet at 10AM at the Ranger Station, as I was really hoping to meet up with everyone..... Hopefully some folks will post pictures - I will post the few that I took.

-David

I'm bummed too... went out and found I had a bad starter or solenoid and couldn't get 'Chelsea' started. Turned the key and got a buzzing/clicking noise... wasn't getting any kind of turn over and the buzzing seemed to come from the solenoid. Luckily there is a Land Rover mechanic about a mile from me here in Santa Cruz so I'll have her towed in as soon as they're open. Hope it's nothing major. Sorry I missed out on the MORG, looking forward to meeting folks next month!

I'm bummed too... went out and found I had a bad starter or solenoid and couldn't get 'Chelsea' started. Turned the key and got a buzzing/clicking noise... wasn't getting any kind of turn over and the buzzing seemed to come from the solenoid. Luckily there is a Land Rover mechanic about a mile from me here in Santa Cruz so I'll have her towed in as soon as they're open. Hope it's nothing major. Sorry I missed out on the MORG, looking forward to meeting folks next month!

Sorry to hear that! I hope you get can get "Chelsea" fixed. Hope to meet you next month.

-David

Well, even though I could not find any NCLR folks at the park (I was unable to get there until 11:30AM), I still had a great time at Hollister Hills today. I spent a bit of time at the easier obstacle course and had a lot of fun. Hopefully next time I can make it on time so I can join the group on the trails.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/EireAngus/April%202012%20Off%20Roading/photo10.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/EireAngus/April%202012%20Off%20Roading/photo7.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/EireAngus/April%202012%20Off%20Roading/photo5.jpg

Sorry this one is a bit fuzzy:

Sorry the picture below is a bit fuzzy...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/EireAngus/April%202012%20Off%20Roading/photo1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/EireAngus/April%202012%20Off%20Roading/photo.png

Sorry we missed you David - your LR4 is looking great there!

Didn't get too many pictures, but got a couple of videos...

My friend getting addicted to Rovers:

[video=youtube;h0YGohHmRK8]

Driving around:

[video=youtube;Xb5I1niqRy0]

Will going over the logs:

[video=youtube;_lLV7CyMPJQ]

sorry we missed you David and your nice LR4.... around 11:30 we at the old obstacle course and were heading up to the top of the world via the rock quarry

Hey Will,

Ah shoot... I LITERALLY just missed you guys... I was at the obstacle course shortly after that and the convey must have been en route to the top of the world. I should have ventured up there... though, I have never been there before and not sure of the terrain?

Definitely next time I will meet on time.. don't want to miss everyone again.

-David

Sorry we missed you David - your LR4 is looking great there!

Thanks, Nicolas!

Awesome videos... Yes, I am really happy with how my LR4 is coming along... I should be getting the rock slider/steps sometime in the next couple weeks. I am still holding off on the 18" wheels (there is only ONE option from the UK that fits the LR4's huge calipers) until I decide if I will keep the truck long-term. In the meantime, I am trying to figure out which tires to get that fit my 19" wheels, as the selection is VERY limited for 255/55/R19s... Really my only 2 choices for on/off-road tires are Pirelli Scorption ATRs or Cooper Zeon LTZs... I'm leaning toward the latter.

-David

Hey Everyone,

I was so bummed to miss everyone at Hollister Hills today! I arrived late, around 11:30AM, and could not find any rovers anywhere...

David,

That can be a problem, but if you have a CB Radio or Amateur Radio 2M, someone is normally monitoring channel 7 (CB) or 146.460 (2M). If you don't have either, $50 will set you up with the CB or $80-100 for the latter (plus a simple test). Worth every penny when someone gets in trouble (a story for another time ....).

Regards,

Graeme

Archived