Rear Cargo Slide for DII?

When I built Antonio's cargo slide drawers I used 4 drawer tracks that were rated for 100lbs each at Dale Hardware for around $20 a piece and bolted them up using angles on both sides. Screw them straight to the floor and built a huge cabinet that filled from wheel well to wheel well and from the rear seats to the rear gate (using up the entire rear cargo area).

Then I used two more tracks to make a smaller drawer in that cabinet to allow for supplies to be stored. And split the box in half. One half was a drop down door and the other is the drawer. The 4 rails on the main cabinet are mounted so we had access to the fuel pump in case it failed. It's a "just in case" thing. But later it turns out that the whole thing moves around (during braking and acceleration) a little unless you secure it down with something. The smaller drawer has a key lock to keep it closed during trips and the drop down door next to it has a locking latch. I'll ask Antonio to post some pics when he returns from Mexico in January. If your interested that is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived