Hollister Family Trip Oct 22-23

I know this is schedulled only 2 weeks after the annual event but my church has reserved Area 5 for the weekend mentioned above to have a family camping weekend getaway. There will be no "churchy" activities, no preaching, no services planned for that weekend. Just good fun for the family. Amongst the many outdoor activities and games planned for the kids and for the adults we'll be having off-road "tours" of the park trails. Several people are planning on driving their 4X4 vehicles to learn (most for the first time ever) how to use them. So if you have no plans for that weekend and want to join us, we're only asking $10 per adult to recover the $250 cost of reserving Area 5. Bring your Rover, join in the fun, help me take people up the trails and display the capabilities of the Land Rover brand, then help me teach new enthusiasts on good off roading habits if you're up to it :)

I plan to be there early Friday and so are many others. Send me a PM or simply post if you think you'd be interested. No pre-pay or official sign up, simply bring the cash and pay when you show up.

• 1 month later...

Time to give this post a bump. We are set for this weekend at Area 5. I'd love to have a couple of Land Rovers besides mine to expose the people coming with me to the capabilities of the brand. If you have some time available this weekend and can bring your Rover to Hollister to share your enthusiasm about your baby with others, come join me. Its a group from my church along with friends out to relax and have fun. We're keeping it a relaxed camping atmosphere for everyone, no church talk or sly attempts to convert anyone over. Either plan to camp over from Friday night or simply come Saturday morning and join us then. Do not worry about the $10 entry fee. Enough that you're spending your own gas money to drive there and introduce people to what your rig is capable of. If you're not otherwise engaged, would love to see you there!

Post if you think there's a chance you might come. The gate code should be the day's date. So it is either 1022 or 1023, can't remember which :)

WOW. It's starting to look like an awesome show of Rovers. This is gonna be like a dream to the 30 or so people who I'm expecting there. The majority have never even sat in a Land Rover, much less actually rode in one while off roading. I'm so stoked about this weekend and so are they!!! Thank you.

A friend from work may join me in his P38 to try out a recent 5" lift spring conversion, another will drive his 4Runner (new and stock), no one from the church group side owns any 4x4 but one was going to try to rent a Jeep Wrangler for the event to play with.

It's just Fri night. We'll bring wood for a nice camp fire to roast S'mores in and use the white wall on the stage for a community movie time that night. Sat will see all the trail runs and more games and fun! Would love to meet you if you can make it, Jen. I need you to go buy me a few lotto tickets with the same luck you had at the annual event drawings :)

I will be driving the RRC this time. Pedram will be driving one his cars for sure. He can only borrow my RRC on the LR annual event. :-)

I will try to be there around 10 but if you guys are already at trail, I will turn my CB channel 7.

There are high chances that it might rain this weekend. There will be a mud fest. Looking forward to it. :-)

My personal thanks to those who made it out this weekend. Antonio, Pedram, Colin and friend, Rod Besa. Everyone there who had a chance to ride in your vehicle came back completely impressed with the capabilities of the Rovers. Those brave enough to ride with Colin came back white knuckled and with the blood drained from their faces but beggin to do it again, nontheless :) Your selfless support of this small activity made all the difference in the world to those who came out for a fun weekend and I have been asked time and time again to pass on their gratitude to you. I know there were probably many other things you could have done with a semi rainy Saturday but you chose to come out and share your enthusiasm for the brand with other people and from the bottom of our hearts, we thank you!

Archived