Time to start thinking about Cow Mountain again

Yep, it's coming up faster than I thought!

I'm shooting for the weekend of May 1st/2nd. That gets it away from the Mother's Day conflicts we had last year. Travel day/camp site setup etc. will be Friday April 30th, with wheeling and exploring the mountain on Saturday and homeward bound Sunday. I was also thinking about a possible night run for either Friday or Saturday night, nothing extreme, perhaps a couple of hours in duration if everyone's up for it.

Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative than it was last year!

Post up your interest here, if there are enough folks who want to go I'll submit an official club trip request.

May 1-2 is a no go for me. The weekend of the 15 or 22 better, but I know that is close to the Pismo trip. June 5 would be perfect, but that is just me. For anyone who hasn't been to Cow Mt., it is a great spot to hit up.

Dan, you are going to Mendo right?

If you want to sanction that Will, I'd certainly be all for it. Are you saying to MORG it in June in lieu of the trip in May, or in addition to it?

As it happens I'm free (so far) the first Sat. of June. As for May, I'm already booked up for every other weekend, though the weekend of the 15th is a bit soft and I could get out of it.

And yes Robb, I'll be at Mendo...it's in my own backyard, how could I miss it?:D

• 3 weeks later...
executive decision.......June MORG at Cow Mountain......... Robb and Dan I expect you guys to play host

Done. I am in! June MORG at Cow Mountain it is.

I would think might be some interest in camping Saturday night - there is a nice spot that Dan has used the last couple of years. I plan on coming in Satuday morning and camping.

If you have not been to Cow Mountain before, this is a good trip to go on.

Archived